1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now I know I'll never come out to my parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NickTsuki, Mar 29, 2013.

1. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

When I first find out about EC, it was like a weigh have been lifted from my shoulders just to know people facing problems like mine, a place to talk without fear. (I've been absent from here because of uni)
    I became very opmistic and it went as far as changing a bit of my life, making new friends and even coming out to one of them.
    I don't know what happened, maybe I like talking way too much and end up telling my mom few things about LGBT comunity I probably wasn't supposed to know. I don't know if she knows, if she suspects or if she really believe I'm straight with an open mind. But lately, she's been questioning a lot about it and not as an incentive for me to come out, no. She's always saying something like "I know you are not.". She's not against it and respects it when it comes to other people, she even has gay friends and all, and always taught me and my siblings to not be prejudiced against anyone for any reason, but more than once she told me she knows it's wrong and she says she would never love her children any less for any reason, she says she could not accept a gay child.
    I love her and she's awesome, I know it, but... it really hurts me to know she thinks that.
    I know that if I ever come out, she will support and love me, but I also know she will never truly accept it and as she says, it'll be hard for her and for my father.
    Sometimes I have to lie to her and reassure her I'm straight, so she can be more at ease.
    And sometimes it gets to me and I don't know what to say.
    I don't know what to do :frowning2:
    :help:

2. BornInTexas

My mother has said the same thing. "I love you so much, but if you are gay, I couldn't accept you. I couldn't let you live in my house, but I will still love you. You just can't be gay." It hurts me so bad.

3. AquaRegia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know the feeling. My family is very religious, and well according to them homosexuality leads straight to hell. I haven't come out to anyone yet and it kills me every time they make homophobic jokes. I love my mother to death and I can only hope one day she changes her mind to make my coming out a little easier than what it seems like right now.
    You're not alone. Wish you all the best :slight_smile:

4. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

The worst is I don't think she's doing it to hurt me :/
    She's just being honest and that's what hurts the most

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 12:14 AM ----------

My mother's religion is open to homosexuality, an she's not really homophobe. I don't know why she couldn't accept me and I'm afraid to ask and she finds out or suspects. I can't think of any reason she's so against her one of children being gay.