1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

it was so hard

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Mar 29, 2008.

1. hoping

i just said goodbye to my boyfriend hes going to sydney tommorrow to go to the us on the monday. i think it was the hardest thing ive had to do. neither one of us wanted to say goodbye. hes going to email me his number and addresse so we can still talk but it wont be the same. im hoping i can get the cash together and go and stay with him for a few weeks. but i know it would be even more harder leaving him.

2. InaRut

Oh...Is this forever? I mean a permanent move? That's rough. I can understand why it would be hard. Even though it's a little late I would of suggested having one last AWESOME day with him doing the things you like to do as a couple...but I'm sure your already doing that. Yikes though. Is he ever coming back? I mean in the summer or anything? I don't really suggest saving up the money to go visit him...I mean that's a lot of money. But if you don't think email and phone would be adequate enough then by all means do what you think is right...just think about a better use you could use for that money (I'm so cheap---I know)..

And although you'll probobly hate me for saying this I'm also going to say, "There are plenty of fish in the sea..."

-ahem

Sorry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. WheelerBoi

WheelerBoi Guest

it might not be a waste of your money ... but wouldn't it just make things worse...having to say goodbye again? I guess if you miss him enough it might be worth it...

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ahhh........I'm sorry. Its never easy to say goodbye. I am the WORST at having to say goodbye! (*hug*)

5. smilealways

smilealways Guest

Dont we all hate saying goodbye. I have done it so many times in my life, now Im used to it.
    I think it would be good to keep in touch and if you have the money to go see him, you should do it one day :slight_smile: As I think regretting not doing something is worse.

#5 smilealways, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
  6. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry....it must be really hard for you right now(*hug*) (*hug*)

I agree :icon_wink

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

(*hug*) Hardness. I'm sorry. (*hug*)

8. Nodnarb

I'm sorry...I can't imagine how hard it must be to do this. Here's one of my favorite quotes;

"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

9. ovomac

ovomac Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dude, the one I love lives thousands of miles away and I have to deal with that day after day. Until we see each other in person. So, just deal. I know it's hard, but at least he's coming to the US. He'll be in the best country that exists. A free country. He'll have the time of his life. Don't worry, you'll see him again.

10. hoping

to be honest ive gotten over him after i found out he lied to me about alot of stuff so i dont think i wanna see or talk to him again

11. Louise

I know in a different thread I advised you to talk things through with him but seeing the situation you might just as well turn the page... it still hurts though(*hug*)

On of my favorite sayings is 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger' It is true, once you are truely over this guy you will be stronger... small consolation but there you go.