1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need quick advice for coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AshesofAshley, Mar 29, 2013.

1. AshesofAshley

I have written a brief history of how I am who I am today. Detailing the more important information because I just don't know how to tell my mom this in person. We are supposed to have have lunch tomorrow where I plan to tell her everything (minus the more graphic parts) but I think the best thing I can do is send her this short story via email. That way she can decide if she still even wants to see me afterward and cut out an awkward silence back to my place(she will have to pick me up because I don't have a driver's license right now). I have it copied and pasted into a new email and all i have to do is press send, I'm just not sure if I should press that button or not. IT would be easier on me because she is one of those moms that asks a million and one questions... Should I send or tell her/let her read it in person?

2. Wolfie Charm

Does she check her email a lot? Maybe she wouldn't see it until after your lunch.

3. AshesofAshley

She will see it first thing

I'm such a wimp

4. Sully

NEVER! Straight people are more often the wimps! They're the ones that can't really deal with homosexuality, trans issues etc!

5. Wolfie Charm

I don't think you are wimp. So if you send it tonight she'll read it when she wakes and possibly gather questions. She could then call you and ask or wait until she sees you, but in a private setting. That option gives her the option to process. However, telling her in person you are likely to get nervous and forget a few key things you want to explain to her, unless you hand her the note. But you said you rather her know ahead, right? I think I would take the option that gives her the most time to process before you guys talk. Best of luck with whatever you decide is easiest on your nerves.(*hug*)