1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I out myself?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lewis, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Lewis

Basically I had a huge rant infront of my parents standing up for gays and lesbians. My half-sister said to me if I saw two men kissing, would I be disgusted? She said she would and that's someone who's best friends are lesbians. I then just go off on a drunken rant at her infront of everybody telling her NO I would not be disgusted as it has nothing to do with anyone as to what people do in their relationships. Due to being drunk I also said the following - 'If a man wants to suck another mans dick, that's their business not yours!'

I was probably somewhat homophobic myself in that statement with the generalisation that all gay men suck each others penises...

Anyways, do you think I've outed myself by saying those things or the opposite? Do they just think I'm a pro-LGBT straight guy?

I'm so embarrassing...:bang:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The answers you gave could have come from Straight Guy who is Pro-LGBT or from a Gay Guy or any other Gender, you haven't outed yourself until you have said "that you are Gay" :slight_smile:

3. Lewis

I just thought that it was a little unlikely that a straight guy would make that comment. But I really hope so! The last thing I'd want is them to realise after saying something like that...

4. RainbowMan

Nah, I'm sure they realize that you were drunk.

And even if not, I'm assuming that they were drunk, and therefore could quite possibly not remember the whole exchange.

5. Sayu

Maybe they have some suspicions from this, but it could be said by a straight ally (or a drunk guy :grin:) as well :slight_smile:

6. Lewis

Yeah. I mean I'm sure I would have said the same things if I were straight...well I hope I would!

7. Colours

I don't think your statement about sucking dick is homophobic in any way. It's just an example. And it's a very true statement.

They might have picked up a clue now. Everyone knows drunken words are sober thoughts, so to speak. But for all they know you could have gay friends and that could be the reason why you fell out to your sister.

8. Lewis

I agree. I tend to speak the brutal truth when I'm drunk and forget who is present. I just hope I don't fully come out in that state!

Thanks all, my mind is at rest now. Plus, if it has implanted the thought in their mind then it makes things easier for me.

9. doors

Nah, I don't think you came out. Doubt it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might have said the same thing, and I'm clearly not a gay guy. :slight_smile: