1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the uncomfortableness ever go away?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by piratealisonnn, Mar 31, 2013.

1. piratealisonnn

Soo I have come out to a few people -- a couple co-workers, my sister, and one of my friends. I feel very uncomfortable around them lately and I can't pinpoint why. I still find myself watching how I say things and avoiding LGBT related topics.

Does this feeling of being uncomfortable about being gay ever go away? I'm hoping it just takes time to realize that no one really cares that I am, but I still can't shake the feeling.

And it's also making doubt myself, like thinking I'm uncomfortable because I'm making a mistake...? UGHHHHHH.

2. TheUglyBarnacle

This. So much this. I'm going through the same thing. When I've finally accepted myself, doubting starts again because "What if I'm not and I've come out in vain?" :bang:

As far as LGBTQ-related topics are concerned, awkwardness sure is there. It's much easier discussing them when you're an ally. When the rights you are defending are not yours. I still have difficulty dealing with that part so I'm glad I'm not out to many people, in a way. :confused:

I'm sorry I can't help but at least now you know you're not alone. :/