1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help advice: in love with my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fadinglight13, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Fadinglight13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi there, I think I'm in love with my best friend, I met him in 8th grade and we been hanging out alot ever since then. When 9th grade came I kept getting so nervous around him, and I just can't stop looking at him. I'm in my senior year, I told him that I liked him alot, he was okay with it he just not interested in guys. But anyways, I've been trying to get over him, but just doesn't seem to work even if I get a new crush I just go back to likening him. My other friend said I should stop hanging out with him, but I just can't do that, he was the first person I came out too, he saved me from going down the road to suicide, if it weren't for him I wouldn't be here today. I don't want to stop hanging out with him cause he's going away for college so I won't c him as much. Is there any advice I can get that I can still be friends and hang out with him

2. Sunshine Cries

Hey there.
    I can't really give you any advice about getting over him, mostly because my experience with getting over someone involved a 4-month slippery slope of severe depression. But there's probably someone who can give you better advice on that on this website.
    No matter what, DON'T LET GO OF HIM. My best friend was the first person who I came out to as well, and she's saved me from committing suicide twice in my short life already. Friends like that are too precious to afford losing.
    I also can't give you advice on still being his friend WHILE being in love with him. I did have a crush on my best friend for quite a while, but I got over her by FALLING IN LOVE. With another of my close friends. :/

That's really all I can say on your issue here, I'm sorry. Just, no matter what, stay friends with him.
    ~Sunshine