1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice????

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Soillse, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    so ... I'm thinking about maybe starting to tell people, expect that my friends couldn't keep a secret if their lives depended on it, so telling one friend would probably end up with the whole school knowing, and since I live in a really tiny community, that would lead to everyone I know, including my family, finding out. My mum - sometimes I think she'd be fine, then she'll say something that makes me think maybe not so much. I told her a while back that I was confused and she said it was fine, but then told me not to tell anyone and still gets annoyed if I wear something that's not feminine. Of course after that I went back into denial and got myself a kind-of-sort-of-boyfriend :eusa_doh: and she was elated - even though he was in his mid-twenties and training to be a teacher :bang: . My dad has told me before if any of his kids turned out to be gay, he'd ""rather stay in blissful ignorance". So anyone have any idea what my next step should be?:help:

2. StormySea

Well, I'd definitely suggest not telling your parents (at least not yet), but I guess that's kind of given xD

Do you have and LGBT clubs at your school or maybe even some not-as-close friends that you can just talk to? (I don't know how to describe them- I just have a few friends that I talk to all the time and we have colloquies, but we're not exactly close.)
    It's honestly easier telling people you're less close to if you can trust them, because they're usually less likely to tell a secret because they feel obligated to do so. ;3

3. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    no lgbt clubs, like I said - tiny community. I guess there's one not-so-close friend I could talk to. He's not likely to be judgmental since he's gay :icon_bigg

4. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suggest not telling yet, also. I mean, you don't wanna get stressed out for "nothing". You don't have a girlfriend, right? I know how hard it is. And if even your friends can't keep a secret, it's really harder. If you just wanna talk about it somewhere, find an online community (like this one!) where you can talk about your feelings. Or even get an online friend that you can talk to about all these stuff.

And you should only talk to this "not-so-close friend" if you know he won't tell anyone. But talk to him. That might take a ton off your shoulders.

5. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thanks (*hug*)

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think mwaffles has given good advice.

plus talk more here - lots of support here!