1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lily, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey guys!
    I think I need a recommendation or two.
    I found out earlier this evening that my crush i've had for a good while is now going to be working at the coffee shop where I go. (yes I know this is a good thing:eusa_danc ) but the thing is...well my nerves are going hay wire. But other then that I don't know if I should stop going there or not. Because this place is my hangout...basically the only place in the world where no one expects anything out of me.:icon_bigg But...we have those awkward moments you know with the stares and things like that...we still blush for godsakes...:icon_redf
    I don't want to ruin this job for her by throwing her off. Because jobs here are slim...really slim.:dry: I mean I can go in there...but say she waits on me...I'm barely going to be able to say...what ever it is that day that I'm ordering or what ever. And put it on my tab!
    What do you all think? Ignore the place for a week or two or what? I'll be awaiting any advice...hence I can't sleep. Doesn't help that I'm going to be slap happy tomorrow since I didn't sleep last night. But any way any help would be great!

Yours,
    Lily

p.s.
    Yeah your free to laugh

2. justjoshoh

"Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name,
    And they're always glad you came."

Heck there are times that I get tripped up on an order, and I haven't ever seen the guy that I am giving the order to. Awkward moments happen, people stumble through orders, no big deal. Besides, maybe it was you that inspired her to get the job there in the first place... it would be a shame if you dumped the place.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The awkwardness will probably ease up after your first few visits. I wouldn't stop going. In fact, I'd drink more coffee. :roflmao:

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I second this!! I find it hilarious (and sad) that when we like someone, our instinct is sometimes to run AWAY from them...

5. Trumpetplyer23

I agree with ccdd and becky. Go there, talk to her, who knows, you could make a new friend (or something more).

You'll be nervous around your crush, heck, I've had a crush on a girl for awhile, I sit next to her in one of my classes everyday and I've known her for two years. I'm a bit more relaxed around her, but there are moments when I have to move closer to her or (like today) write on her paper.

Advice, go with the flow, go to this coffee shop and hang out. Talk to her, you'll never know until you try, right?

6. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks guys! I think...she might have actually possibly considered me in that because a few days ago I saw her at a festival thing and she came up to me and we were talking and she excitedly blurted it out... I could be wrong but I will keep to my usual schedule. And I think I might be talking with her more. (Hope so atleast!)

Lately I've been a little more stressed then usual...and there I can relax so I might just go more! (besides the fact she is there more) The trick will be not to blush...lol

7. darkestknight

Hey, me too - I sometimes get nervous and blush when I see my favourite guy.

Take it easy and gently and strike up a simple conversation! Or just say hello and how's today! :grin:

8. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wouldn't you know it...She starts working there and on the days I work she works or on the days she works I'm busy...though I lucked out today...And I did get to loan her a book which she gave me back...things are lookin up guys!