1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infatuated with a guy who isn't out or single

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ToughHands, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ToughHands

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi folks, I just want to share this situation that I'm in, I'd love some feedback (*hug*)

So I met this guy in a sports club almost 3 months ago, there was an instant connection. We get along very well and there's an obvious sexual tension between us.. we behave like more than friends, we constantly train together, gaze into each other eyes and so on. Everybody in the club suspects that we're a couple, but unfortunately we're not. In our conversations and interactions he's given me so many hints about his sexuality than I'm certain he's either gay or bi, but he isn't out at all, he has a girlfriend and lives with her and her sister, so he pretty much painted himself into a corner and can't come out without making a big change in his life, which I don't think he is ready to do...

I am 8 years older than him so it's a bit shady (21 vs 29) I am very careful not to rush him into saying or doing anything he isn't ready for, and since I can't stand infidelity I would never go further than friendship with him unless he became single. I think he knows that and it makes him feel safe around me. But sometimes I can tell he's thinking about the whole situation and it's torturing him... when he talks about his girlfriend he tries to say that everything is fine but I can see the melancholy in his eyes and it breaks my heart...

I don't know where this is going, I've never seen him outside the sports club, I offered to hang out a few times but he always finds a reason to avoid it, I think he really has feelings for me and this would be too much for him to handle.. so I stopped trying. I still see him over there and the dynamic between us is still the same, which is fun but confusing.

I wonder if he will come out, or if I'm just waiting for the impossible to happen..

#1 ToughHands, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013