1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out To Everyone...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ArundelForever, Apr 2, 2013.

?

Should I come out to everyone?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  1. ArundelForever

Out Status:
    Some people
    OK, as you can tell if you've read my previous threads; I am very confused on my sexuality, but I know romantically I like boys AND girls, so I will come out as bi for now when I do come out to people. I'm only 15, I've got a long life to figure out if I am gay.

I am on the football team at my school, so that is the big dilemma holding me back from publicly coming out. I just know the athletic snobs and most everyone on my team would probably be a bitch to me about it, and I can definitely handle it, I just don't want to have to.

Another thing is I feel once everyone knows I am bi, my chance with girls will be very slim because for some reason, girls don't typically like to date bi guys. I guess "extra competition" or whatever.

And finally; I am considering coming out to my parents. They're very accepting of homosexuals and would love me just as much, it's just that if you read my last posts, my friend "Joe", well they think he is gay and I don't want them to think anything went on between us (stuff did, I just don't want them to find out that or that he is also bi).

Just any advice would be fantastic for me. Thanks :slight_smile:

#1 ArundelForever, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. LD579

I think you shouldn't worry about what people think about you or 'Joe'. People always think things... Let them. In the end, their thoughts are just... unfounded.

It sounds like your parents wouldn't mind. They don't have to know anything about what happened between you and 'Joe'. If you don't want them to know that 'Joe' is bi, then you don't have to say anything about him. It really isn't their business, anyways; he's not their kid.

I don't know where you live, but... It shouldn't matter whether you're bi or not, for girls. If it does matter, then those girls shouldn't be worth your time, in a way, right?

You don't have to come out to your football team if you don't want to, but they'll likely find out if your orientation becomes more public (if you tell more people, and those people blab). Keep that in mind.

3. jt1665

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I may get smacked around a bit for this, but I would say no. It's great that you're confident enough that you feel that you could handle the pressure of the football team, but I'm not sure that you're right. Unless your football team is different from every other HS football team in the country it consists of testosterone filled jocks that will do everything that they can to prove they are not gay, thus making your life a nightmare. As far as the girls go, I think you're off base there too. If anything, I would think if you're cute, they'd be falling over themselves to prove to you that you're wrong.
    More power to you if you're willing to del with all of this at your age, but my personal opinion is that you should come out to your family & a few close friends first. That way if you need a little backup at school you'll have it. Just my opinion, I could be dead wrong & ifI #m, I'm sure we'll know shortly based on other comments. Good Luck dude! It sounds like you're off to a great start!!!

4. ArundelForever

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you :slight_smile: And no, you're very right. I mean I wish that wasn't how things were, but unfortunately they are. I wish I could be myself and not worry about this all, but as long as my buddies know, and family, I think I can be happy with that :slight_smile: Thank you!