1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waiting......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sam, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

I am so scared right now I sent my dad that letter and he got it today but he won't see it until tonight sometime because he is at work and it is killing me I wish I could just fast forward until tonight unless its going to be bad and then I hope time goes slow all I ask for is just a its okay it doesn't matter your still my daughter even if he doesn't agree with it but my dad is very old fashioned so I'm afraid he is going to say something like this: you are no longer my daughter I have no daughter or something like that. parents say they have an unconditional love for their kids but you hear horror stories all the time about people coming out and getting disowned or kicked out of their house and they never speak to their parent or parents again. I feel so sorry for the people that happens to. Is that unconditional love? No. Thats a we'll love you until we find out your gay love. While I don't live at home anymore and can't get kicked out he could not talk to me for a while or he might disown me or something. Maybe its because I'm having to wait that I'm thinking the worst but I don't know hopefully everything will be okay I notice I ramble a lot when I'm having to wait I'll tell everybody what he says when I find out

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I know what you're going through. I sent my parents a letter too, and had to wait for a couple of days before I could call them (this was before the days of mobile phones and I didn't have a home phone then, so had to wait until I got to work).

You should expect him to be a bit uncomfortable about the situation for a while, however fine he says it is when you speak to him. He will have to adjust and get used to the situation, which probably won't happen instantly. He may have questions which you may not be able to fully answer. Is there a parents' support group in your area that you can refer him to?