1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to wait to tell my mom...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SettingHerFree, Apr 2, 2013.

1. SettingHerFree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So things are pretty rocky right now at my house, and I think my mom is starting to figure out I'm not really into guys. I'm terrified she's going to ask me because she keeps hinting around and I'm just not ready to tell her yet. I want to wait until I've been in college for a year or so, and I'm more sure about the fact that I'm a lesbian. The thing is I don't think I can lie to her. So how do I skirt around without telling her one way or the other? My family aren't particularly against gays but they do make fun of them a lot. I'm really confused and uncertain about what to do!:help:

2. DoctorJones

I would just say something along the lines of, "Would it matter if I was?" until you are ready to give her a definite answer. That way she has time to prepare and so do you. Don't give her a definite answer to the question until you are absolutely ready to. And that often times means giving yourself a definite answer first.