1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regret it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sarah1, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Sarah1

Sarah1 Guest

sometimes I regret "coming out" its so lame I could have kept that to myself. I wish I had now its nobodys business anyways Im sure other people ha these feelings too. my whole circle of friends is straight so I think most just dont understand I dont really expect people to understand so Im just not going to talk about it. i figure some new people will come my way eventually

2. Eleanor Rigby

Hi sweetheart :slight_smile:

let me tell you a story. One of my oldest friend is gay. We've known each other for 18 years or so. When we were around 20, I started to suspect that he is gay. With years, this supposition became a certitude, for me and for everyone else in our group of friends. We were all fine with the fact he is gay, but he wasn't ready to told us yet.
    So, we all waited patiently, trying to let him know we loved him just the way he is but respecting the fact he didn't want to come out to us yet. And it stayed this way for more than 10 years. Then, last year, our friend finally came out to us at the age of 30. And you can't imagine what a relief it's been for me and all our friends.
    Finally, we're able to talk to him without watching what we say when it comes about relationships. Finally, we don't have to play the gender neutral pronoun game when we're talking about his love life. Finally, we're able to be completely ourselves around each others. It's like an invisible wall that had kept us apart had finally fallen. My friend's coming out definitely changed something in our friendship, but for the better.
    It's not because you're friends are straight that they don't understand. They might be just waiting for you to be ready to open up.

Take care, (*hug*) Cécile

3. Sarah1

Sarah1 Guest

Hi Cecile this is a nice story I know my friends are supposed to be accepting but the reality is they are not I know they aren't superheroes and they can't be perfect but honestly wish I hadn't told them only one or two have been supportive I have only one gay friend and even he hasn't been the greatest so idk I'm really not trying to annoying or sound depressed but my reality in this situation has not been good