1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find OUT if a Guy is gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DTK90210, Apr 6, 2013.

?

Which of the following should I try?

1. Flirt with him

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Ask him out

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Asking if he's gay

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Have a friend ask for me

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Give him a complement that let's him know I'm interested in him

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Forget all about it.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Ask one of his co-workers

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DTK90210

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys, My name is TK! I came across this forum through my Internet search engine. I been doing some research on how to tell if a guys is gay? I myself am gay. I kind of been dealing with the issue of not knowing if a guy is gay or straight. I'm straight, yet kind of flamboyant acting kind of guy. My type of guy is a very masculine kind of guy. Here is where the issue lays. I decided to do a research because there is this guy that works at a food place that I have a crush on.

This place is near where I work at. I go there, and event before he started working there. I used to go there. Well the thing is he drives me butterfly crazy. I get ridiculously neverous around him. He gives me this mixed up signals, like he would look me deep into my eyes when he is assisting me and sometimes starred longer till I pull back( I'm kind of shy person with strangers so I avoid making too much eye contact with people I don't know). One thing I've noticed lately is that whenever he sees me , he would talk a little louder do I would hear him. We are kind of in a akward situation because I can't asking I'd he's gay because his co-workers and his boss are always there. also, because I act silly and stupid around people I like.

I had many experiences back before of straight acting guys act really affectionate with me and I've always been too afraid to find out. But this time I want to find out because I really like the guy. For what I been reading so far (my research) , on suggestion that is clear is a lot people say that straight guys get offended if your flirt with them. That's one of th reasons I haven't ask him. I've asked some of my close friends about it. They have all said to ask him. I don't want to put him or me in a embarrassing situation. What do you guys suggest I should do?

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait, what? You meant gay right?

Anyways, the only way you can know with absolute certainty about a person's orientation is to ask them/have them tell you and hope they aren't lying about it.

If you'd really like to get to know him, is there a way you could just ask him out for coffee sometimes? Then just do a little subtle digging. Don't treat him as gay until you know for sure though.

Bleh, hopefully someone has better advice. The only knowing him through conversing while he's working makes it more difficult. Good luck though!

Oh and I didn't notice the poll....put down "ask him out" but just not on a "date." I wonder if the asking a co-worker could maybe work too...could go either way.

#2 Browncoat, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  3. Ridiculous

Tell him you are gay.

If he is gay then he will tell you after you tell him.
    If he doesn't come out to you after, he's either straight or is too far in the closet to be ready for a relationship anyway.