1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedLight, Apr 7, 2013.

1. RedLight

Well basically I've only come out to my mom and a few friends, so when my sister in France asks me "Do you have a boyfriend?" I just kind of freeze up. :eusa_doh:
    But how long can I answer that question with a run around answer?
    How do I deal with this?

2. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, how did your coming out go with your mother? Is there any indication that your sister would react in a negative fashion?
    Or maybe you can come out to a few more people, help build your confidence up, so that the time will come that you feel comfortable with telling your sister.
    I understand how nervous it can be having to use the same non informative, general, run around answer. I still do it.
    "Hey, man! Got a girlfriend?" "Haha! Ah, nah! I don't make enough money for that." :dry:

3. RedLight

Hahaha, that one's really funny. :roflmao:
    I can try to get ore comfortable with it. Maybe tell a few more friends. I'm just worried she won't treat me the same way.

4. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It still gets me by. :wink:
    But, yeah, get more comfortable, then. And who knows? Maybe your sister will your biggest supporter of all! You'll never know until you take that jump.
    I'd love to give you some more advice, more reassuring and comforting, but alas, I can't.
    You do have my best wishes, though, and my support.

And, hey, you can even use my line! Or even, "Boyfriend? Who has the time to train one of those?" =P

Good luck!