1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my mom caught me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NickTsuki, Apr 7, 2013.

1. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

It wouldn't be the first time I have to lock my computer because my mother simply can't respect my privacy no matter what I tell her. I've tried everything, talking, threathening, hiding, and unfortunately the hiding was the most succesful one. She was more trustful of me lately but then, today I let my computer on (it turns off after few minutes) as I went to have dinner and EC was minimized and when I came back, the computer was still on (what was weird), but what got me in pani was the look my mother gave me when she entered the kitchen.
    It's already the second time she caught me with lgbt related sites. The first time we both pretended we didn't know anything about it then few days later she started to question me, but I denied.
    Now, I always lock the door of my bedroom and she had stopped bothering me about it, but just now she just freaked out demanding to know why I had to lock the door and etc. So I know she's suspicious.
    What can I dooo?
    I'm so scared I'm trembling.

2. Last Gentleman

How do you think she'll take the news if you told her?

3. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    Okay, take a deep breath. Calm down. Obviously she suspects something's up, or you wouldn't be locking your door. She has already caught you before, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew. Is she the homophobic type? If you think she'd be okay with it, come out to her. I think that would be the best way to handle this situation. She's already suspicious, and she's caught you twice now, so I suggest to just come clean. Of course, you can disregard this advice if you think that it would be a bad idea, but it seems to me that this might be the best course to take - unless she's very homophobic. In that case, it might be best to just tighten security.