1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Imgaymomgay, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Imgaymomgay

Imgaymomgay Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Right now I'm watching tv while my mum is sleeping. I don't know whether to come out right now or wait until a better chance.
    I don't mind telling her I just don't know when to break it to her.

Should I or shouldn't I come out right now?:help:

2. JPC

JPC Guest

I think it might be better to tell her when she's awake :lol:

But seriously, If you feel like the time is right, and you're pretty sure there won't be any negative consequences to coming out (like being thrown out, etc) then maybe you should tell her. If you don't, don't. There might never be a 'right time' so you just have to go with your gut.

#2 JPC, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  3. The Dude

Hey buddy,

I just read your other post. Do you think you're ready? Are you comfortable with yourself? Do you think she'll react positively? Are you in danger of getting kicked out or anything?

If you think you're ready then go for it, but if your not sure about yourself you could always wait.

4. Imgaymomgay

Imgaymomgay Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I am as ready as ill ever be and I am comfortable with who I am but I don't know how she'll react. I'm only 13 so there's no danger of getting kicked out. :eusa_doh:

5. The Dude

Well once you think you're ready and it's a good time then good luck...if you don't feel ready then don't and if you're not sure then you probably shouldn't. But if you think its the right time then I say go for it. Good luck

6. Femmeme

I don't know about your mom, but I am grumoy and easily confused when I wake up. So maybe pick a time when she's awake, not busy, in an ok mood... OH! and not driving! :wink:

Good Luck!