1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pissed off

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Mar 31, 2008.

1. hoping

first of all i came out to my mum when i was 16 but shes in deep denile and is trying to make me str8. i was going to go away with a friend who is gay and my mum found out and she said it makes here sick that this guy could make a move on me. alot of the reason i think shes turned so homophobic is that her bf is. racist of everyone, hates gays, pretty much hates anything left wing. so yeah where do i go from here?

2. InaRut

Well you can tell her that she thinks two things can change in this situation. Either her views on your life or your homosexuality. However only ONE of these things are actually going to change.

Just tell her that it'll be hard to see her as a mother if she can't love you for who she is.

Guilt card is a good card to use....a little harsh though.

Anyways this is a situation that can best be solved by talking it out (Hypocritical of me to say I know)

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Can she prevent you going away with your gay friend, or would you just go anyway? I'm just wondering if there is an immediate practical issue that needs to be worked around somehow.

Would she read any information from reputable sources, such as the PFLAG booklets? Maybe she will accept that as being more authoritative than what you tell her? There's a thread with a download link in this section somewhere, or you could ask Becky (beckyg) to post them to you.

I guess you have tried explaining things to her, discussing it etc, and it's either a waste of time or she won't even have the discussions?