1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I was caught...crap

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BornInTexas, Apr 9, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

I was checking out a news story on an LGBT teen, and my mom walked in my room. I didn't realize I had this open on a different window, and I clicked the X on the news story. I turned around, but I didn't realize this was up.

My mom looked at me and asked if I wanted eggrolls, but then she looked up at the computer. I turned around, and this was up. I think she read the title, but she continued to ask what kind of eggrolls I wanted, since she was cooking them. Then she walked out with a scowl on her face.... ughhhhcrap. Panicmode.exe. :help:

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would be scared shitless. Seriously though, how bad would it be? Thank God I use my IPod, it's less noticeable X/

Hopefully she didn't really read it, or at least make the connection. At least now you can make up a story as to why you were reading it if it's brought up! She could have questioned on the spot...

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...you might get more than eggrolls on the menu!

Best to let her initiate any conversation on the matter...it's up to you to decide how you will answer...

4. BornInTexas

My mom knows that there is this weird board site...where memes are made. I could say I was reading on that, and she already knows what it is, and she finds it weird. I guess... Sound good to anyone else?

5. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya sounds fine, but tell her that 100% casually, don't make a big deal out of it.

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ...unless she gives you that skeptical look that parents have perfected (and which I use to great effect with my kids)...best to have a plan B!

7. Toriki

Hi! When I came out to my mum a few months ago, she refused to believe me, and so did my sister, so I just ended up telling them that I was straight (better than her constantly thinking I was trying to "get attention" or whatever she thought), and now things are kind of worse, because now I have a girlfriend, and my mum doesn't even know I'm bi. If your mum doesn't seem to have anything against homosexuality, then just be honest with her. If she does, you could always tell her that you were checking out the site for a friend of yours! :grin:

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recommend deadpan sarcasm. Really ought to do the trick. :icon_wink

In all a seriousness, though, why can't you just say it was a story you were reading? (Which...is the exact truth...)?

9. kibeth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My mom walks in when I'm on EC all the time and more often than not I'm too slow to close and she doesn't knock at all. She still hasn't figured it out or she is waiting for me to come to her... Try not to stress about it too much
    It might be a good idea to come out in any case. Especially if she's the accepting type.
    Good luck!