1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by That Kid, Apr 10, 2013.

1. That Kid

I've come out to a few of my friends so far, and for me I found it easier to simply mention it in conversation (most of them expected it anyway:lol:slight_smile: I'm not a fan of sitting someone down and having a long talk about it. My way is just easier for me.

So my question is how can I make the whole topic of sexuality, or anything related to it, come up in conversation? I'm not the best at conversing with people sometimes. Especially when I'm alone with them and WANT to tell them then!

So anyway, I'm very sleep deprived and not really sure where I'm going with this. :eek: If you have any advice that'd be awesome(*hug*)

2. JPC

JPC Guest

Any conversations with my friends about sexuality usually pops up while we're just hanging out watching tv. Whenever a hot girl comes on the screen there's usually a debate about her hotness, this could be an easy way of slipping it in.

They don't know I'm gay so I like to jump in and stir the pot by saying something controversial. However, avoid "Mila Kunis really isn't that hot", it tends to make most straight guys murderous :eusa_naug

3. LD579

Well, if your friends are a bunch of guys, it can be harder. For me, since my friends are basically all girls, I came out to most of them really easily. None of them made a big deal of it (Well, one girl did, and I kind of made it a big deal, too). They'd just mentioned some guys they thought were hot, and I pretty much joined in.

Maybe they'd already had suspicions, or maybe they just aren't that fazed by the fact that I'm gay.

Basically... If your friends are primarily guys, I don't really know how you could come out to them casually, so I apologize for that. With girls, it'd be easier for you (since you like guys, too).

As for bringing it up in conversations... You could mention tons of things. Maybe mention Ellen Degeneres and say that you're gay, too? :shrug: It might work, sort of...