1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me and my rants!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkestknight, Apr 1, 2008.

1. darkestknight

Yes, this one! I'll split all my rants into a few parts:

1.) I always wanted to become a lecturer and study masters in college, but unfortunately, my cgpa isn't reaching 3 at all on my 2nd year. it's 2.5 and still counting It's because my 1st year and 1st semester's results really horrible.

I doubt I really could reach any of the 3 later in the whole course. The best I could squeeze out is 2.9 with all the sweat and toiling. I did my best. Well, I wish things will turn out better during the next few years. I hope, and I really hope. If my dreams are broken, I'll just call find some other means of doing it in my life. Sometimes, I believe in "blessings in disguise".

2.) I'm really annoyed the fact that some people in my course who thinks that they are perfect candidates for medical students. One of them said, "Man, I'm good at memorizing, I better off in a medical institute"... and we are in the Engineering course. I told him, "If you are better off memorizing, better you go to take life science courses!!". There are some students who think that "medical" is such cool term until they entered anything that with the "medical"-affixed courses when they don't know what is inside the course. Those bastards, they never admit their problems.

In fact, Medical studies require more than just anything - life-long interest, and a good passion, patience and all of the other stuff. Some poor blokes entered medical college and got themselves ejected out later because it's not what they want. Sigh, I wish people could understand what is becoming a doctor!! It's just not a trend! We have lives to save, not just for the kicks (or status)?

3.) I might be seriously feminist. For a male person. I usually get annoyed watching Taiwanese game shows that feature "Select a girl you like" which let any random college students to choose the most beautiful sexy woman. These college dudes will become to look horny and salivating. It's degrading to the ladies. Pity them. It's like they are picking a victim.

I don't know why sometimes I become that too conservative until I couldn't approve womans are "sex tools". I believe woman shouldn't degrade themselves to the lowest point of their life. My father said all of these are okay and he thought that I am a religious fanatic! Well nope, I have almost no religion.

And, I don't really enjoy watching "Deal or no Deal" because of the same thing - pick the women out. Why not just the briefcases? Why must the briefcases with the women? Is there something like the bait? I just don't know why. I don't feel that women should be 'picked' out like products. Or maybe it's just me.:roflmao:

4.) okay, my brother always insists me to sleep early, which is a noble job for a sibling to advise his younger ones. But, he's a little bit unreasonable - he stressed that 10.30 pm is the prime time for sleep.

10.30 pm ?! Not any for me, I can't sleep at these time unless I feel like sleeping.

Worst of all, sometimes he has anxiety. When he couldn't sleep, or like he slept a little bit later in bed, he could complain. He could have whined when he couldn't get to sleep at 11.00 pm and there he went tossing and turning around the bed until almost 2 am.

I told him, "If you can't feel like sleeping, why not go outside and read something or write a novel or do some other shit??" he didn't follow my advice.

For me, I could sleep like around 12-1am. I love it that way. And if I can't sleep, I'll go out and draw or write something until I drop. I don't want to be like my brother to complain when he gets up.

5.) And I felt a little bit bad for my brother's girlfirend too. Again, nope, I have no attraction whatsoever to her.

My brother's interests and her interests are totally worlds apart. Never mind about that, me and my best friend too have the interests which are worlds apart.

My brother always introduce and insist her to watch Seinfeld (and some other stuff which she will not be enjoying at all) - and I know it - her looks gave me the "aw shit, I don't get the comedy" and she is looking at something else like reading a magazine when he's watching the show. I know she mostly doesn't enjoy what my brother enjoy.

I thought partners should be doing something that they like together?:roflmao:

2. pirateninja

I wish I could say something that could make you get the job you want, I really do. But I think if you keep the "blessings in disguise" attitude it will help enormously. You did your best, that's all you could do. Unfortunately I'm not exactly well informed on American grades, so I don't know if you still can acheive the three you want or not. If you can't, then at least you tried, if you can, keep on working towards it, buddy.

Some people are just misinformed, or just look at prospects for th honour or the "kicks" as you stated. Many people dream of being a doctor or a lawyer and occasionally, other jobs that are just as good are tossed aside or they focus so much on "I have to be a doctor" that they forget what they are good at or what they enjoy.

It's nice to see a male feminist, I've met very few :grin: Just because you think women shouldn't degrade themself doesn't make you a religious fanatic. Ironically, most religions like to degrade women and say "men are better, men are the chosen gender" etc.

Your brother is trying to look out for you, but you know when you're tired or whats best for your sleeping. If you wake up refreshed and ready for the day then I won't preach to you about sleeping habits. If you still feel tired after you wake up you may need to rearrange the times a bit.

You know what they say "opposites attract". Although this may not be true for everybody, it could be in this case. Just because people don't enjoy the same things doesn't mean they are wrong for each other. If this is somehow impeding on their love life or their communication, then it would probably be a good time to worry about them.

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I won't try and better pirateninja's comments, except to say Well Done for being a male feminist. I love you. :grin: Of course women shouldn't be traded like objects. Don't let your Dad's comments get to you, because you are a seriously thoughtful and cool individual who deserves a big hug for being a feminimale - a rare but awesome sepcies.

4. darkestknight

Well, pirateninja - I'm in SE Asia - that's could be a little bit more demanding over there.

All of the lecturers and masters courses must require graduates above 3.0 cgpa. Shit, like I'm going to have it there for the next two years of my course.

I guess, if that's the worst case scenario, I could be ended up working in a hospital, probably a hospital technician (me studying Medical Engineering) fixing big and scary MRI machines and stuff like thats. I could be underpaid or whatever, but now, I have to pick up a lot of new skills too. At least, I'm a small step better. I don't want to hit myself for something that I couldn't acheive.

And at certain times, I felt my manhood detracting from myself... unconciously. I don't know why, but it seems that I'm not surprised at all if I suddenly woke up as a woman. ( hahaha! :roflmao: )