1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Was a Nice Dream

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SimpleMan, Apr 11, 2013.

1. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me start off with the fact that I don't have many gay dreams that I remember. I used to think that meant I probably wasn't gay when I was struggling to accept myself. I know better now though. I never had a dream like that about a woman that I can remember. Dreams are rarely literal and I know I don't remember the vast majority.

As for the gay themed dreams I remember...

There was one where I remember being in an automotive repair garage and having some sort of a relationship with a guy who worked there. Admittedly, nothing sexual happened in the dream, but the anticipation of sex was. I don't remember seeing him or his face. I just remember the anticipation.

Another I remember was me being under a very ripped naked guy with a strong jaw and we were making out. I was aroused in the dream, but we didn't do any more than that. I never even saw his eyes in the dream.

My most recent was last night. I was visiting the college I had attended and struck up a random conversation with a guy outside the library. We had a lot in common. I clearly remember his face in this dream including his eyes. I was actively flirting with him and he was clearly flirting back. This is a completely new development in my dreams. Something I've WISHED I would dream about for at least a few years. He was definitely cute/handsome, and average to skinny in body type. When he started to hint that we should get together sometime for an informal date, I backed out saying I was probably way too old for him. Though I didn't ask him in the dream, I felt he was 23 or 24.

The dream then jumped in time and we ended up randomly running into each other while hiking up a mountain. We were relaxing and talking which caused a lot of those same feelings to come back. It turned out we had even more in common than I initially thought. I remember thinking in the dream, "Screw any potential age difference, he's a great guy and I need to take a chance to see if a relationship can grow out of it."

I woke up after that but the memory and excited/content feeling of the dream has stayed with me today. Even if I was only dreaming about dating/getting to know a guy, it was very affirming. Easily the most meaningful of these three that I remember. Not trying to read into it too much, just trying to enjoy what I feel like is progress somewhere in my subconscious.

Anyway, as I am not out to anyone yet this is the only place I have to share this dream. That's all, just needed to share with someone how great and uplifting it was. Feel free to share any of your dreams below that are similar. I wish I could have these dreams more often! :grin:

2. LD579

I'm lucky, I guess. I have quite a few romantic dreams (and some that are... less tame. Admittedly, those ones are more rare). It's great that you had a dream like this. In a way it sort of reaffirms your newfound acceptance and feelings of being attracted to guys.

As a side note, someone who's 23 or 24 with someone who's 27 isn't absurd at all.

More specifically, one dream I had was about this guy I had a crush on for over a year. Maybe I've even had a crush on him for the greater half of high school, in fact. It was very tame, and very sweet. We somehow ended up dating and hugging and sleeping with each other (In a totally non-sexual way. Really). That's it, really. It was over a year ago, I think, for sure, so details are fuzzy, not that there were many details to take note of, at any rate.

3. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. It's not a big age difference at at all in my book. I think it was just an excuse I created initially in the dream. I do think the lack of these dreams in my life is at least partially to do with my absolute lack of sexual experience/repression.

4. Zel

Zel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I’ve had similar dream themes, but I was confused as to the girl’s motives (like in real life). I used to be like you and was confused about my sexuality – but now I’m not so much confused about myself, but unsure about the motives of potential partners.

In the dream, she worked in a used book store & needed me (customer) to give her my ID. She scanned it & gave it back, but the ID belonged to someone else. I told her she made a mistake & she gave me the wrong one. She insisted it was the correct one. I pointed to the pic & told her that wasn’t me – it was clearly someone else. She kept insisting it was mine.

I was so thrown by how confident she was. She was so sure it was mine, but I knew for certain it wasn’t. She got very calm & nice … came around the counter & started talking to me. I heard her tone but not her words. It was like she was hypnotizing me with her voice & trying to convince me this was who I really was inside. I resisted, not out of shame but out of ignorance. She was trying to help me see the truth, but I was scared she was lying.

She kissed me on the cheek & suddenly everything was clear – she was right & I was wrong. I was really undone by how wrong I was about my own identity & how much I had been missing in life because of my ignorance. I felt freer, but also felt cheated & angry over all that time I’ve missed out on knowing who I really was/am.

I had these dreams during the time I was in college & taking a few required philosophy courses; the ones where they mess with your understanding of reality, determinism vs free will, & shake your faith in science. Glad I didn’t succumb & fall into that black hole’d wonderland. My firm tether to all things humanly tangible saved me, but it did give me sharper skills at honing in on the BS people spout & finding substantial information. Those courses also expanded my imagination, which will come in handy if I ever decide (find time) to write a series of books related to the above dream.

I sincerly hope you find your true north soon. It really sucks not to know where you belong in life -- 'cheated' doesn't begin to describe the feeling when you do get a glimps of where you might belong, but are hindered by tall, thick glass walls; frosted, mirrored, & clear (depending on the day).

5. Jameson

Most of the dreams involving my crushes (I have a lot of 'em!) are pretty mild. Some are basically sex dreams, and at least one is a psycho murder/romantic dream.

I had numerous dreams about my big crush, such as kissing and hugging. I kissed him once and he was all shocked with a tiny smile on his face, so I kept kissing him :grin:
    Another one was where he was in my rolling chair and asleep. I kept trying to wake him for school or something, and he wouldn't wake up.

I also had a crush on his brother, and had weird ass dreams about him. The first was where he was stealing all my stuff from my locker and replacing it with submarine sandwiches. While he was fleeing I came up behind him with a pencil. He was saying things like "Don't worry!" so I stabbed him in the neck with the pencil. I assumed he died, because he fell to the ground and was all like "Oh.. You stabbed me."

Suddenly, the scene shifts to me being scolded by my culinary teacher. "You can't stab people!" She said. So I go on with the day and begin cleaning out my locker of all the sub sandwiches and their wrappers. I remember specifically peeling out lettuce and tomato slices.

As I'm cleaning I look up. He was standing by a door, not dead after all, and had a neck brace on. The dream ended with the alive crush saying "I know you like me."

Now, onto another dream with another crush.
    It was a sexual dream. I was in a sauna and so was he. I walked in and he had towel around his waist and was shirtless. He gave a big smile and had his hands on his hips, or slightly below his hips. He was also leaning in the sauna room. Next thing I know we were having sex. Nothing graphic, just like a two second glimpse before I woke up.

Also, I woke up at the end of all of these. It sucks.