1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lets try this one more time.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by onlythebulls13, Apr 13, 2013.

1. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Once again, its therapy time today at 2pm central time, which means its time for another thread by me talking about trying to come out to an lgbt friendly therapist. i feel so pathetic that i can't muster up the strength to do it. i know shell be fine with it. 100% sure. i just have such a hard time doing it.... i know the last time i had a thread like this i said i would text her and tell her i have something i need to talk about the next time we see each other. but i never did. i just get so fuckin nervous!

why is it so scary to come out to some one in a safe area, who is qualified and accepting? have i not fully accepted that im gay? i know for sure that i am with out a doubt gay but is accepting it and knowing it two diff things? I feel like im stressing over this and its not even one of my big challenges....figured id be out to my therapist by now...its been so overdue too that i keep thinking that if i do come out to her now then i won't get that great feeling of telling someone because I've delayed it for so long. Help!!:bang:

2. AKTodd

Do you maybe fear the consequences (real or imagined) of coming out, even to an accepting therapist? Or that coming out to a relative stranger will make it more 'real' than coming out to your best friend or EC did/does?

Just some random thoughts,

Todd

3. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea i think that might be it.... that it would be real to come out to a stranger. i trust her and everything, i just get really bad anxiety when i think about saying it to her but mainly i think it scares me to talk about it. i feel fine talking on ec, its just whenever i come across a real life situation that involves me opening up, i totally freak out. i just get sooo scared and alt of the time i have no reason to be scared.

4. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    About to go in the building......ahhhhhhhh!!!!

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And so? (we're all dying to find out)!

6. damn liar

I think there's always a part of ourselves that says 'But what if they're not okay with it?'... It's weird, because you have the part of your mind that knows you'll be fine and you also have the part that is doubtful, afraid and trying to sabotage you. I know how you feel.

But know this, you're not pathetic for not being able to tell her about your sexuality. Not one bit. It's a big step and you should only do it when you're ready, I think.

I'd say so. I myself am pretty sure that I'm gay, yet I'm having a really hard time accepting it.

Anyway, best of luck! :slight_smile: Let us know how it goes!