1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to mum via text messege?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jag, Apr 13, 2013.

1. jag

jag

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello EC.

I have been thinking of coming out to my mum for some months now. Not because I have a girlfriend or something just because Its too hard to keep hiding who I am for her - I really have to do this very soon because it would make me feel so much better.

I live at home with mum and an older sister. I have a pretty "good" relationship with my mum but we never ever talk about private things so i find it very hard to tell her this in person :/ i wonder if its wrong letting her know via a text message? Telling her in person would ofc be the best way to do it but I really cant.. :/

She is pretty accepting about the whole gaything but i dont know when its about her own daughter.. But tbh i dont care that much of her first reaction because no matter how her first reaction is, I know she will accept it more by time. Or thats what i hope :grin:

Even if she is going to accept and support me 100% im still soo scared. Im afraid she will treat me different from now. That it/everyting will get awkward when im around.

I dont want to make her disappointed, I hate this being so hard :frowning2:

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

2. Xenia

Xenia Guest

If she is pretty accepting about the whole gaything, don't think too much. Just do it!
    it's always being about awkward...but you have to deal with it. anyway it's your decision text her or not. Good luck!

3. Goodnyte

Honestly, I see not many things wrong with telling her via text message. It is kind of wrong because she deserves to hear you say it. However, go ahead and do it. If you can't keep it from her, share it.

4. LD579

If this is what you think will work best for you, then it's perfectly fine. After all, you may end up talking to her in person some time or another later on. The method isn't necessarily always more important than the meaning behind the message.

5. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Go for girl:thumbsup:(*hug*)

6. PrettyLilLiar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom found out that I am bi through an IM while I was in the restroom, we have always been very close so for her to find out that way, she was kind of hurt. I didn't think that she would be accepting because of her catholic upbringing but she was my biggest supporter in telling my dad. After talking to my mom, it was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
    At first it was awkward to talk to her but it made us that much closer. However you tell her, just tell her.