1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Indian family...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tdbballin, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Tdbballin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always know that I should be attracted to guys, but now that I'm older I can finally recognize that i am attracted to women as well. I guess I would consider myself bisexual and this scares crap out of me. I love my family, every single one of them, but sharing these feelings with any of them would mean losing them. It's such a stigma within my Indian family that even my brother, who is like my best friend, would shut me out. I could never live without my family, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life pretending to be someone else, just like high school. I want to talk to someone but there is literally no one in my life who would understand... What should I do?

2. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh hun...I'm so sorry you have to make this choice. :icon_sad: Well, you're in a fork in the road with your life. You can either live to make others happy at your own expense; or make yourself happy and basically start from scratch. I can tell you that from my own experience that making others happy at my mental expense led to living 20 years of an empty life. I've lost about 25% of my old life by coming out; but I've reached out into the GLBT community and gained quite a bit of it back. I can't imagine how painful an all or nothing situation must feel. You need a (*hug*)! Is there a local GLBT center that you can contact for help?

3. hkboy93