1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Further

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexanderp, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Alexanderp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I'm doing it, I'm coming out more and more. Only one person knows that I'm gay. That's my best friend, and when I told him months ago, he took it super well, and we're closer than ever. Now though, I want to come out to the rest of my friends, and my best friend, I'll just call him B for convenience's sake, is helping me. He knows some of these people better than I do, and is seeing how they view gays. Which for this, he's the awesomest person in the world. Right now, I'm(we're maybe? Cuz, he's helping me) focused on my second closest friend, who B thinks shares the same views as him. Me though? I'm not too sure, he may say he does, but the way he acts, he'll likely be weirded out when I do come out. His main worry might be that I find him attractive. Which trust me, I don't, in the slightest. Debating whether or not I should tell him that when I do come out. If he reacts negatively, then whatever. He'll have to deal with it, we hang out with the same people. Another friend might do the same. Then there's another friend who seems to be more accepting, but I dunno. Then there's the jackass friend, who likely would make a huge deal out of it. Oh well, we can all do without him really. Don't mean to sound heartless, but it's true.

I plan on coming out to the first friend this week, and everyone else, sometime in the future.

2. eatsleepclimb

That's so awesome! I'm also slowly coming out. Only my GSA knows. Good luck!
    :goodluck:

3. akhc

Think of it this way: you're gonna have to come out to them eventually so you might as well do it (if it's safe to do so). I thought my friends would have a problem but it turns out that they're totally okay with it. And if you're afraid one of your friends is going to think you're attracted to him you could just talk to him about it and tell him that we gay guys are not attracted to EVERY male we see :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Best of luck to you

4. Tropical Turtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Also trying to come out more at the moment so I know it's a great when you've got someone there by your side. I just wish that I could finally build up the courage to tell my best friend. I think she'll be OK but she's never once mentioned anything about gay people so it's hard to know what's in her mind. Hope everything continues to go so well for you.

5. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

I hope it all works out for you, good luck :slight_smile:

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :goodluck: with your friend :slight_smile:

7. Music Madness

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :goodluck:

I think I may be in a similar position with my cousin when I eventually come out to her (we aren't actually related by blood, but our dad's have been good friend's since high school, so we just call each other family), as she's religiously anti-LGBT, and I'm wondering if her first reaction will be to think that I like her (because I'm pretty sure she's a bit paranoid like that); which is a NO! :arrow: Anyway if that happens, my response is going to be highly comedic and heavily sarcastic, reply with a very disgusted look on my face, and I'm going to tell her that I've been undeniably in love with her my whole life, and at every moment of everyday single day I crave her touch... which knowing her, will help to break the tension and help her to see that we are okay in this respect.

And just another thing, as I was writing this my dad came up to me and we he saw what I was writing about my cousin and we discussed it, and anyway he gave me some great advise as far as she's concerned which I'll now pass onto you: Just because a person's initial reaction is on the more negative side, doesn't mean that that is necessarily how they feel deep down inside, and it may just take them some time to process what you've told them before you find out how they really feel... so don't let yourself feel rejected straight away! - This is a scary and strange process in many ways, so just take things one step at a time! :icon_bigg