1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really shocked and out of a vacation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perrygay, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

So, I've been fighting with my dad and his two step children this week. I'm 16 (seventeen in a month), and my stepsister just turned 21 and my stepbrother is 22. I've always felt that because my stepsibilings and I were pretty close in age that we could relate to each other and trust each other better, but apparently I can't trust either one of them.

The only person in the world, besides me and the guy I did it with, that knew that I've had sex is my stepsister, and she decided to share this with my stepbrother on Sunday. My stepbrother knows that I'm gay (everyone else does too) and he's never said anything to me about it, which was fine with me considering he's a devout mormon. I thought him saying nothing about it was better than him saying something negative about it.

Anyway, the first thing that my stepbrother did after finding this out was tell my dad. My dad was so pissed off that he called everyone he knew and told them the story. He called my mom too, but thankfully she's been more level headed than he's been. But basically he's just been leaving nasty voicemail after nasty voicemail on my phone since he's heard.

Obviously, I'm not going to take a backstabbing like that from my stepbrother and stepsister, and I let them know exactly know how I felt about what they did to me yesterday. Of course, this made everything worse. So long story short, I'm mad at everyone on my dad's side of the family and I'm not going to his house in Florida for spring break anymore.

Was I right to be really pissed off at my stepbrother and stepsister? Because I've never been backstabbed like that in my entire life...ever.

2. They all deserve a verbal beating. Your stepsiblings for being backstabbing assholes and your dad for insulting you like he's 2 on your voicemail. Unreal how disgusting and childish they're being.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few things to ponder while you seethe.

First off, I'd push the problem of your stepsiblings aside for now - you can always revisit - and focus instead on the more immediate problem with your father. Tell him if he wants to talk to you about what happened, you'll do that, but if he continues to leave nasty voicemails, you're just going to delete all messages from him without listening to them from here on out. Hash it out with him, at least until he gets to a point where he's not compelled to leave messages.

About your stepsiblings. WHY did your stepsister know about this? Did you assume they wouldn't tell? Did you ask/beg them not to tell, or did you just assume they wouldn't? Don't talk to them about it now - you're not in a good spot to do that right at this second. Wait at least a day. Then tell them that you hoped that what you were saying was in confidence, and see what they have to say. And, in the future, don't trust them with any information you wouldn't want your father to know.

Lex

4. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

She told her brother that when we were on vaction that she saw me sneek off with another boy and have sex with him, which is true I'm not going to deny it. But I didn't even know that she had seen me until my dad told me the story he heard from my stepbrother. So I couldn't have even asked her to not tell, or beg her, or anything else.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm so sorry, what a horrible situation. Your stepsister totally betrayed your trust. Your Dad is acting irrationally. I just hope he calms down so you can actually talk to him. (*hug*)

6. Jim1454

Dad's aren't supposed to leave nasty voice mail messages for their kids. For anyone really - but least of all their kids. That's just bad. I'm really sorry that you can't even count on your father to act rationally in a situation like this.

7. kiddo

Ouch, that stinks.
    I'd tell your stepbrother & stepsister "If I wanted it known, I would've told it myself."
    And then proceed to get a new cell phone number.