1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life is just all over the place right now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Juggalo, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Juggalo

So my best friend and I were drinking heavily last night. Absinthe. We get really weird, and open up our personalities a lot more than normal when we drink that, so we end up talking about the most ridiculous shit. Last night was no exception. Hell, we just shot the shit for a good four hours while taking turns playing Skyrim.
    Anyways, at one point he straight up asks me why I get along so well with him. I drunkenly explained that the best friends I've ever had in my life have been, well, not straight. He asked for examples, so I started listing them off. After a while, he's like, "Wait, but I have a girlfriend". To which I reply with "but bro, you're totally a lesbian". This has been a running joke for a while now between us, because he is totaly flamboyant, loose wrists, way of talking, and other stereottypical gay nonsense. Except he is straight, with a girlfriend, and these things have been proven repeatedly.
    I digress. He gets all blushy and says "lol thanks that means a lot to me" because for some insane, backwards ass reason this guy actually envies those who are gay. He then spends an hour trying to convince me I could be a male model.
    I don't even....seriously. This guy is just driving me insane. He plays with my nipples to bother me, he says he wants to be gay, tells people he is a lesbian, is super macho buff, and other aggravating things. I want to tell him I'M gay, but I don't want him to freak out about it, cuz of all the times he has flirted at me. His confusion about his sexuality is more frustrating to me than my own, and while it is hilarious, what the crap.
    Mostly just embarassed that I told him he is my best friend cuz he acts gay. Thats gonna be hard to explain when I finally tell him, and if he is in some sort of closet, I'm sure that didn't help him out, lol. I haven't even mentioned the time last night where he took off his pants and insisted that we talk about the zit on his upper thigh and whether salicylic acid would help or not. Thank god I can blame last night on the booze.

Secondly. One of the first people I ever told I was gay/bi/whatever I am claims to be in the hospital now. Got a message on friday on the facebook asking if he could move in (I was at work), 2 hours later recieve another (still at work), then a third message (right before I got home) saying I'm a good friend and that he is going to the hospital now. When I sent a message asking what happened, all I got in response were visiting hours. I'm at work during visiting hours and he knows I don't have a car. Also, which hospital? Called around to different hospitals, they refuse to tell me anything because I am not family. I don't know any of his friends, and there have been no comments made about him on facebook. I've actually been trying to counsel him with his suicidal depression. Kept saying "yeah ok" whenever I'd give him help, but he'd keep asking for help, crying to me over the phone at 5am, and then not actually do anything to solve the problem. Even tried geting him to come here and discuss his issues but god forbid. Seriously don't know if he tried to kil himself, or if he placed himself in some sort of care. He has been talking seriously about both.

Issue the third. Friend I met on craigslist lives right across the parking lot. First person I told I was gay. Long story short, I was looking for a roommate and he asked what LGBT meant in my ad. Anyways, this is really cool having a friend who gives zero shits about my sexuality, even if we only get together when he is drunk in the middle of the night on a weekday. He doesn't know it, but his hilarious drunken ramblings are actually making me more confident in myself. To the point where I was feeling super good and had a chat with my dad's niece, who happens to be gay. After that particular conversation, I'm feeling really good about my chances coming out to him. Yay!

Issue four. I think my newfound confidence in myself has somehow made me more attractive- I keep getting hit on. I never get hit on, ever. I don't even know how to react, I get all nervous. Hell, I haven't been on a date since tenth grade, when I decided to set my swexuality aside for a while. I don't know how to flirt, halp!

This thread is a cluster of disconnected things I needed to get off my chest.

2. Mrcake

Okay, I have a friend who is seriously the same way...and I asked him if he was gay the other week. This was very awkward and he replied that he wasn't, but he has pierced nipples, feminine actions, and also seems gay (he's even been to gay 90s!). I am glad that you are becoming more confident in yourself, that is something that I need to do. The snow sucks in Minnesota doesn't it? Ugh.... Maybe your friend just likes to be stupid when he is drunk and flirty in a non gay way? I don't know what other advice to give, besides that you could come out to him and see what he says.

3. Juggalo

Yeah, coming out to him is the end goal. I'm making a gigantic deal out of nothing and I know it. I just don't like change.
    We didn't get any snow north of the cities, we just got frozen rain all day. I thought winter was done.
    I know guys who go to the Gay 90s to pick up girls simply because so many straight women go there. I've never been, clubs aren't my thing. Heard there was a gay bar in Minneapolis called "Camp", and that their slogan was it the best place in town to pitch a tent. You sound like you know the area, ever heard of it?

4. Mrcake

I posted on your wall, so if you want to talk we can talk later.