1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've come to a conclusion.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by manoverboard09, Apr 15, 2013.

1. manoverboard09

So I've been talking to this guy I like, and I've been super depressed this week about coming out.. for the millionth time. He gave me some pretty good advice that I needed; and to be honest didn't even think about.

I don't have to come out right now. It's no ones business if I'm gay or not, it's such a small part of my life. Sure, I would love everyone to know so I don't have to pretend.. but I'm not going to pretend anymore. I'm just going to be myself, and if people know I'm gay that's fine, who cares. I'm not going to pretend to be some straight guy around everyone.. it's my life, not theirs. I'm gay. I know that. That's all that matters.

2. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    *applause*

3. manoverboard09

xD
    I'm not sure why I always assumed I should just come out.. maybe to make myself feel better? I don't know. But I feel better already just being myself.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :eusa_clap Congratulations, respect to you :icon_bigg

5. ConnDonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good idea bro, maybe I should try that haha!

6. funnylion

funnylion Guest

Very sincere words! I'm starting to get an attitude like that as well. Though I've not come out to anyone yet so I'm in the early stages. Best of luck to you!

7. Hefiel

I respect you a lot for that.

I plan to move forward in life with that way of thinking in mind as well now that I've at least come out to my parents. Best way to find a boyfriend is to be "out there" after all. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. manoverboard09

Thanks for the support guys, that means a lot to me.

Of course once I have a boyfriend it will be quite obvious I'm gay, but I assume I can find a boyfriend just by being myself.
    On the downside, told my crush I liked him today.. he didn't feel the same I don't think.
    But that's okay. He's my first crush (on a boy) and it hurts, but I'll be alright..

9. Lewis

I agree with this to an extent, but as long as I'm 'in the closet' I wouldn't be able to date openly and share somebody that I really like with my parents and family.

I also hate being asked about girlfriends...

10. manoverboard09

Depending on how well I really liked the boy would depend on if I let my family meet him or not.. I wouldn't be like "Hey this is my boyfriend'.. I would have to ease into it. My parents support gay rights (at least I know my mother does.. I'm not sure if she suspects anything or not), but the rest of my family does not sadly; so I most likely wouldn't come out to any of them anytime soon.

I get asked about girlfriends all the time.. I just say I'm not looking. Because well.. I'm not. lol.

11. Perseus

You're actually really brave and I can't even figure out how to talk to my crush... My whole family is homophobic :frowning2:

Hope you feel better in the other hand because I think you already did the best you can :slight_smile:

12. Italy or Bust

Sounds like a good plan!

13. theMaverick

No one *has* to come out. It's a personal process and a personal decision and I don't plan on coming out any more than I have already at this moment in time, either.

However, I hope someday I can be out so I don't have to hide things and lie.

14. manoverboard09

That's unfortunate about your family.. I know that's gotta make it a million times worse even considering coming out. I'm sorry. And when it comes to talking to your crush.. you just kinda have to go with it.. whenever the timing is right you think.

I agree no one has to, but I'd be happier being out. But I'm gonna give that time, and I'll know when it's right. Until then I'm just going to be myself and whatever happens happens :slight_smile: