1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do u think

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Apr 2, 2008.

1. hoping

i found out that that the guy i loved lied to me about alot of things. i was so pissed of so i just sat down and wrote this. oh and hes doesnt know i know that he lied.

i wonder were things as they appeared, are they now, were they ever?.
    what shimmers in the distance starts to appear in the mind and as it drwas near i see what is true. the love, the times, the saddness, the lonleyness it all appears faded for the truth is revealed, for the battle is won, the lies matter not, the truth stays the same, victory matters not, for the truth is faded in decit, the only victory is that which matters the revealing of the truth once and for all.

2. Vampyrecat

Personally, I would confront him and ask him to be honest with you. It might hurt to hear all the lies exposed but its better if the truth is out there.

3. byeee

Honestly, hearing a bunch of bullshit come out of his mouth won't probably do you any good. I expected that too, but it only turned out for the worse. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead!

4. hoping

acutally ive already decided never to talk to him again. now that i look back even though i loved him he wasnt much more than a spoilt rich kid.

5. smilealways

smilealways Guest

You should talk to him first before doing that if you havent already.

6. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I agree with smilealways. You'll have something pulling you down if you don't take care of it first.

7. Alexander

And how do you know that he actually intended the lies unless you talk to him? Even if he did, you need some closure.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very poetic. :slight_smile:

You seem pretty convinced that he was a liar. If that seems clear, I don't think anything is to be gained by asking for an explanation. Chalk it up to experience, and move on.

Lex

9. Defraction

IMO, get some closure now, else you may regret it later on.

Although it wasn't relationship-wise, I decided to cut my friend off completely because I was hurt by me being selfish. I'm too embarrassed to even say something anymore, and every now and then I'll feel a little down about it.

Tell him you know, tell him how you feel, and see what his take is on this. If you want to leave him, go ahead, he lied to you and so you have that right. Just don't refuse to talk to him ever again without actually speaking with him beforehand.

10. Louise

What makes you think he is lying? I think that, without confrontation, you should talk to him and tell him why you think he has been lying and ask him for his side of the story... with proof to back up what he is saying otherwise the little nagging doubts will nibble away at your trust for him.

There are two sides to every story, surely he has the right to give his side before you turn your back on him once and for all.

Sometimes we jump to conclusions or misinterpret situations and go off in anger, then years later when things are explained differently we say 'If only I had known!' but by then of course it is too late.

I don't advocate lies but sometimes there are reasons for them. You might want to ask yourself why did he feel the need to lie to you... was it to manipulate you, or to protect you from some unpleasant truth. Most lies are done to manipulate but some (very few, but some) are done out of a misguided sense of protection.

Anyway, that's what I think.

11. hoping

he said he got offered a job in the us wen i found out he didnt go and that he only wanted me for sex and since we hadnt had sex yet. and he said hes gay but now hes change it to hes bi. so i dont know wat to think. he doesnt know that i know he hasnt gone to the us

12. hoping

to be honest i think he just wanted sex in the first place. and he i dunno. it just really pisses me off that hes lied so much. not that i really care anymore. theres a guy that i might want to start something with