1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next step

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Saxyguy1994, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Saxyguy1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a gay college student who recently came out to 2 friends. They both accepted it quite well. I need to know what my next step should be. Who should I tell next? I am leaving college for summer break at the end of the week, so should I tell some more friends before I leave or just wait? My parents are divorced and I only have step siblings. I have a stepmom, but no stepdad. Any advice? :help:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who in your opinion would need to know?

3. Saxyguy1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure. I know my mom would take it well. My dad would still love me, he would just be disappointed in me. Some of the friends would be fine with it. I just don't know if I should even bother telling them with me leaving so soon though. They might want to talk to me about it and they won't all have time. Plus I don't want a ton of rumors spread around about me over the summer and come in to a completely different college atmosphere in the fall.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Honestly, it is all up to you!

Some people tell everyone right away, some people tell one person a year, and some people don't come out to anyone else for awhile after they come out to the first person. There really aren't any rules.

The important thing is that you are doing whatever makes you happy. Allow your gut to drive for a while and take some chances :slight_smile: