1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things I should expect when coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blue123, Apr 17, 2013.

1. blue123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, although I question myself if im a bisexual or lesbian, either way I know I like girls, so im planing on coming out to close friends, I have come out to a male friend who took it well but what if my female friends feel awkward near me after I tell them, what should I do about this if it happens? also what things should I expect after coming out? What questions will they ask, how open should I be about the topic and what should I do if they act badly?

2. Mysz

When I came out to my straight best friend- a she- and one of the first things she asked me was if I liked her. You should be honest with your close girl friends, and try to avoid that question if you can- but if you can't, say that you aren't attracted to them and you still think of them as just good friends. Coming out is like a revelation of the truth, so truth is the best option :icon_wink

If something makes you uncomfortable, then just say you don't know. Be confident enough so that they know you are sure of your orientation and not playing a joke on them.
    If they take it badly... just explain nothing about you has changed, and that you would never treat any of them differently.
    (*hug*) best wishes!