1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three Down

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The Dude, Apr 18, 2013.

1. The Dude

Holy shit. I just sent my text the longest text ever. It was more like a short novel. And I told him everything, about all the feelings I've had the past few months, all the doubts I have, the depression and isolation. 100% candid. The other two people I told I held back a few details, just got the point across but not this time. And the response?

I'm his best friend, nothing would ever change that. We've been friends since 5th grade and he'll be there for me no matter what. I can always go to him, and he'll always listen.

I have the best fucking friends on the earth.

The first two coming outs were remarkably underwhelming. They felt great but I was left disappointed. This time though somethings different. I'm in a state of complete satisfaction, even if its just until I fall asleep right now. I'm on top of the world.

Once again, I'll thank everyone on EC, the best place on the internet.

PS...still haven't come out in person. Maybe to my brother one of these days

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2013 at 10:47 PM ----------

Damn it I put this in advice, not coming out stories. I'm one of those people now who puts things in the wrong threads...I should act like I've been here before.

#1 The Dude, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. funnylion

funnylion Guest

That's fantastic to hear! I can only hope that my best friends will be just as accepting if/when I ever come out to them. Congratulations!

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations, I hope it goes well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. Formality

That's awesome to hear! I'm so happy for you :slight_smile: I wish I had as good friends as you.

5. PeteNJ

Great! Wonderful that you have friends like that. Bask in the glow and feeling lighter and more open. Great start to a wonderful life. Be proud of showing the strength and bravery to come out. Congratulations :thumbsup:

6. The Dude

Thanks everyone!