1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She told someone else

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nearlyout, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Nearlyout

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A few weeks ago I told my friend that I was gay. She was only the second person to know and is bisexual herself so I assumed I could trust her with it. I found out yesterday that despite her telling me she would never tell anyone else about it she told her ex-girlfriend the same night that I told her. I'm also friends with her ex and found out off her.

After having a conversation with her ex to make sure she doesn't tell anyone else (she assured me she wouldn't) I proceeded to talk to my friend about the whole situation. She apologised continuously and told me she only did it because she was drunk and she used it to end an argument with her ex. She promised me that she would never tell another person.

I'm so angry about it that I don't know how to react. I don't feel that I can be around her anymore after telling someone else something so personal, that I trusted her with completely. The only thing is, I've always spent a lot of time with her and I'm worried that if I'm cold to her and stop hanging out with her people are going to start asking questions and she's going to tell someone else.

The whole situation has made everything really awkward and turned everything into a drama, which is exactly what I didn't want from all this.

I'm just wondering if anyone else went through a similar experience in their coming out and could help me out with a way to tackle it.

Thanks