1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To come out or not ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Baconjunkie123, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Baconjunkie123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I came out to my best friend who is a Christian who thinks that gay people are a sin against nature and she says she's OK with it, but whenever I bring it up, she looks super uncomfortable. Most of my friends are guys and I don't know whether or not I should come out to them. I'm almost 14 and I'm going to move this summer ... Should I come out to my friends or stay in the closet? Also, I've just been realizing that I've been in love with my ex-best friend and when she started flirting with a jock I got super jealous and possesive. She now hates my curvy guts. Get it? Straight people ... Not curvy ... Okay, sorry, the way I deal with stuff is joking about it, something my best friend I came out to seems really uncomfortable with. There are about six of my classmates (out of 13 - small town, but now I'm moving to DC!) who are either "god god i love god" or "gay gay i hate gay." And yeah, I'm an Atheist. So what should I do? Any advice is appreicated, thank you!

2. Juggalo

Depending on when you are planning to move, I would wait. But I hate religion, so I'm biased.

Also, please look at the dates of topics before you post in them. You've been bumping posts from years ago and its disruptive.

3. eatsleepclimb

Hmm...because you are going to leave soon, maybe you could, because you won't know them for very long. DC will probably be better--they've already legalized gay marriage so overall they are pretty liberal. But, if you want to stay in touch with your friends and you think that coming out to them will prevent that, then maybe you could wait until DC. Although everyone likes to say "be who you are because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind", it isn't always true, especially among 13 year olds who were just raised that way. I'm pretty sure things will get better when you go to DC though. Good luck!
    By the way, about the posts--often at the bottom of the page there are related posts to the one you are looking at. However most of those are from 2-3 years ago! I almost made that mistake too sometimes, so the best thing to do is just to comment on the threads on the 1st page of the forums.
    Welcome to EC by the way! :grin:

4. Baconjunkie123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay, thank you. And I just got the memo, I'm stickin to current posts now. Thank you very much!