1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i open up as gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by warhammer40kgay, Apr 20, 2013.

1. warhammer40kgay

So before We get started I am gay (clue in the name) and I have know I'm gay for a while and I have told my male friend who has a les mum and he understood but anyone eles I'm scared to tell anyone other than him. I am not ready to tell my parents though

2. Hitch

these situations are different for everyone that it just isn't as simple as a yes or no answer. My stance is, i'm not hiding but that doesn't mean i have to tell everyone. If they ask i'll answer, if they don't, then i'll keep it to myself.

3. Elven

Overall if you feel for sure that you are gay and feel anxious keeping it to yourself then I would say yes, you may feel a huge weight off your shoulders to have it out and perhaps "be yourself more", not that anything need change in the way you act/are but at least you won't feel like you have to hold it back anymore. But of course it can be a very scary concept and it completely depends on your own situation and whatever pace you feel (somewhat) comfortable with.

Well done on coming out to your friend though! And welcome to the website ^_^

#3 Elven, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  4. warhammer40kgay

Thank you for the help I've seemed help from school glbt clubs but they didn't help but from other gays then it males more sense