1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

umm I don't know if anyone has felt like this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sam, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

This is going to sound bad well at least it does to me and I don't want people to misunderstand what I'm trying to say but I have thought about coming out to various people over the years. It has become a major thought in my head it was all I could think about. how I would do it, when I would do it, how their reaction would be in a lot of ways it was a big part of my life. For now I don't know of anyone there is who needs to know basically if someone came up to me and asked me I would answer yes but I'm not about to shout it to everybody I see. But see thats the thing I know it sounds kind of bad and I don't know if anybody else on here has ever felt like this but because coming out to the people I care about has been a major thought and part of my life for several years now and I find I'm finally done with it, its kind of like what now? I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy to be done (at least for the most part) its just that when its a major part of your thoughts and then you don't have to think about it anymore its kind of strange your glad but you can close that door in your life and its also kind of I guess you could say sad I don't know what I'm trying to say hopefully someone else can make this make sense to me because I certainly don't understand what I'm thinking right now
    Sam

2. step49x

Well, I'm not sure about other people, but I'm currently at the "I just came out to a few people, and I don't have any more at the moment that I feel a need to come out to" stage.

I spent the first couple months (ok, almost a semester) trying to get myself to come out to 1 specific person. I came out to him, and a few others a couple weeks ago. Now I'm in the stage of "if people ask me, i'll tell them, but i don't have anyone else i want to come out to, at the moment."

3. tired_of_lying411

I completely understand you, 100%.

I get that too, all the time (everywhere in life, not just coming out). I think of it as "end of an era syndrome". hahaha

While it's good to be done, you still are letting go of a really big part of you. Something you didn't particularly like, but learned to adapt to and even accept. You're re-defining your life.

I think it could more widely be compared to finding the love of your life. Sure, you're over-joyed, but it means that dating, meeting people for romantic purposes, is over. Perhaps something that had been a big part of your life.. is now shifting into something completely different.

I think it's all completely normal, a way of grieving for the old and accepting a new chapter.

I guess we just ride it out and think to the future, which, in any situation, trumps the past...

Really neat topic we have here...