1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Sexuality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mrcake, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Mrcake

I have taken multiple tests about sexuality and ones on the kinsey scale. I have found out that I am a 3 or 4 on the kinsey scale, so that means I am basically bisexual. I don't know what I like...I like some men, but a lot of men I don't happen to find sexy at all. For women, I can admire them and think that they are pretty, but I don't want to have sex with them..This sucks, it is like I want to be gay, but then I still like women. I think women are pretty, but I am interested in only some men. I am confused here. Also, I want to do stuff, but I'm extremely closeted. What can I do to show a guy that I like him without being too flirty? How can I ask someone nicely if they are gay if they appear to be gay?

2. Tropical Turtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nobody - gay, straight bi or whatever - will like all men so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Just like who you like and try to feel comfortable with that without putting a label on it too much. I know that's far easier said than done.

I had the same kind of problem getting experience with a women. I'd never hidden that I was bi, or covered it up in any way. I always thought that it was pretty obvious and the more comfortable I got with it the more I made comments that might hint at it. Because I'd only ever dated guys people just didn't seem to get it.

Because nobody really knew that I was open to meeting a women I just didn't know how it was ever going to happen. Part of me felt that I wanted a bit of experience before I knew for sure. In the end I got talking to a friend of a friend when a few of us met in a pub. We hit it off and met up again and somehow we just kind of sensed it. Neither of us had really "come out" before but we both opened up to each other and a few meetings later it happened. The best things often happen when you're not looking for them :slight_smile:

3. Ryann525

You could find that your just fussy like me about the kind of men you like. I'm very picky on their figure as I don't find even a bit chubby people attractive :/

4. Mrcake

I think I'm fussy right now because I haven't actually 'had' that person in my life before.. and I want that perfect person. I am open to people, but for me, the physical attraction is important. The emotional aspect is also important, but if you aren't physically attracted what is the point?

5. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I've seen you post this question multiple times. You are free to label yourself whatever you want and whatever you feel is most appropriate to you. Or no label at all. No one else can tell you 100% what your sexuality is, but they can help you find some clarity in the right direction based on the information you provided. This below is key here:

Basically, you are saying you can admire women and find them pretty, but lack the desire to be with them sexually. So basically you are "ASEXUAL" towards women. Now, when I look through more of your description it appears you have some genuine "attraction" to a few men. Not all, but some. It looks like you are not asexual towards men, but rather have genuine "sexual" feelings towards a few. It seems like you desire them in that way.

What's my conclusion here? I honestly DO NOT think you are bisexual. I think you are gay. This is my opinion based on the info you provided here. Lots of gay guys admire the beauty of women and find them sexy, but they LACK the desire to have sex with them. There's simply no genuine attraction. You don't have to be grossed out by women in order to be gay. Do you even fantasize about women? Do they ever turn you on?

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds as though you can safely say you're gay if you have even a little consistent attraction to guys and no real desire for women, despite physical admiration.

Gay would be a fine label for you. If not, bi is awesome too. :grin:

7. Music Madness

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No one likes every single "type", so naturally not everyone finds every person within any selected type attractive, which is completely fine! :slight_smile:

As for what to label yourself, one of the best and worst traits of humanity is that we label things so that we can understand them... but just because there are a whole bunch of labels out there DOESN'T mean that we either want or in fact need to fit into them! :slight_smile:
    For instance I too am bi, but I find that I like different qualities in the men that I'm interested in, compared to the women... that includes ethnicity, body shape, personality, interests, etc.
    I also find that sometimes I'll be feeling more bi/lesbian or straight depending on my mood and what's going on around me.

Here is a website that I'm finding really useful in helping accept and understand my sexuality: I Think I Might Be Bisexual, Now What Do I Do?

As for how to ask someone of the same sex out, etc, I'm afraid that I won't be much help here as I've only just started to accept my sexuality... but in all honesty I think it just comes down to letting people know that you're bi, and if you meet anyone you're interested in, be flirty (but subtly so - just in case they are homophobes), and if you get positive reactions than just keep building it up... Either that, or go to a gay bar. :icon_wink

If you need someone to talk about it or anything, I'd be glad to help... as not only would I love to start making some friends on here, but I'm slowly doing research into understanding all of the different aspects there are to being bi, and social stuff, etc.

8. Mrcake

You know, I wouldn't doubt it...but I do find myself liking women and thinking they are cute a lot of times like men too... I think I'm bi because I'm at 3\4 on the kinsey scale. I think I'm bi\gay leaning and I'm okay with that right now. But for now, I'll stay where I am and stick to my normal self and try something out with both sexes or one sex to see if it feels right. (!)

9. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I think puppies are cute, doesn't mean.... I won't even go there. I think you are placing too much emphasis on the Kinsey Scale or what number it spit out from some online test you took. I do think it's good to experiment and see. But don't force anything and don't fake anything. You would only be cheating yourself. When you do experiment, really think about what you enjoyed from the WHOLE experience, not just the mechanics. Any hole will feel good, but it's more than just the mechanics. How did you feel before, during, and after the action? Would you want to repeat it again? Keep those questions in mind when you actually have sex with both.

10. Musician

I would stay away from the puppies!!!

11. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Ur either grey ace or Demi sexual