1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI - resource in NYC

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RainbowMan, Apr 21, 2013.

1. RainbowMan

Just figured that I'd pass along a NYC-based resource that I found.

The Identity House is a volunteer-run organization that provides peer counseling (similar to what we do here on EC, but in person) via a walk-in center that's available four times a week. They also provide group sessions (I'll be in the May 2013 Men's Coming Out Group I think) that have a reasonable contribution request (but no one would be turned away because of inability to pay) of $25/session.

I had something of a hard time finding something like this, so I figured I'd just add to the collective EC knowledge base!

2. PeteNJ

Excellent -- not heard of this resource before.

Enjoy the Coming Out group. The group I've gone to since last winter has been amazing for me.

The men's relationship group sounds promising, too.

3. RainbowMan

Yeah, this group is an 8 week group, so it's very short term focused. I'm going to a therapy group as well.

My evening calendars are being filled with doing things relating to being gay (I'll have something every evening Mon-Wed now!) Somehow I think that this is both healthy and not, at the same time.