1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Confused? Help :S

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danibee29, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Danibee29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm 17 and I think I'm bi, I first thought I was bi around 11 years old I think.
    But I never had my first crush on a girl until I was 14 and I've only had crushes on two girls I personally know. As of now I have an obsession I suppose you'd say with a woman from a tv show, shes really cute. o.o And I do find women attractive.
    But I just don't know if I'm really bi because every time I want to tell my mother I get this weird feeling, like an embarrassed feeling I think?
    And my mom isn't one of those people against gays and such, she would be fine with it but I don't know I heard her one time say she wouldn't be okay with me being bi so I guess I'm scared. When I'm about to tell her its like I wanna open my mouth and just say it but I can't it feels like I'm talking about something sexual if that makes sense? xD
    Because lately I've been so into women I want to tell my mom but I don't know maybe I'm just not ready, but I need advice, did anybody else feel weird when about to come out? Only my two best friends know and I need to know what it was like for some of you wonderful people when you came out.

2. RedLight

Oh if I only had a dime for every time I was terrified to come out to people. It's a natural part of the process, especially when you have confirmation that the person on the receiving end will have an issue with it. Being Bisexual isn't something you particularly need to be ashamed of, but it's something that you might have a problem with for a while, that is until you come to terms with it.

I think the reason you feel like this is something sexual is because on a level it is, seeing as how it's your "sexuality" and when most of us realize our sexual preferences, is usually around the time that we start developing sexual feelings for other people. It's completely natural.

I wish I could say it'll be a breeze telling your mom, but since I don't know her I can't offer up any tangible advice; I can only share my experiences with you. Stand your ground, if you're sure of who you are the rest will follow. And remember that not everyone will react the same, some people just need more time than others. :goodluck:

3. followtherabbit

I understand what you're going through. My mom is a very accepting person, but I still felt very stange about coming out. I talk to my mom about everything, and I fell really hard for someone I met and just wanted to share that with her. I was worried about her reaction. We were sitting in the waiting room in the doctors office oddly enough, and I was just bursting to talk about this person I was infatuated with. I just started talking about them, and then said "oh, by the way, i'm bi" She didn't make a big deal or react negatively at all. It was very refreshing. Now I know not everyone's mom in as open minded as mine but it might feel good just to tell her, no matter the reaction. In my personal opinion, feeling embarassed about your feelings doesn't make them less real. Coming out can be difficult and many people are ashamed of their sexualities because there is still so much discrimination and ignorance towards queer people. This is exactly what we are trying to overcome. Coming out might help you feel less embarassed, and proud to be you.b I know it sounds silly, but listen to your heart. I'm here for you if you need support :slight_smile: