1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some...advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maddix, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Maddix

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    SO basically the situation is this. My mother and father are homophobic. I haven't told them but I'm a lesbian. My main problem is the fact that I am only 13 and I honestly think no one will take me seriously. I don't want them to call it just a phase because it is not! It's a part of me and it feels so unfair to have to hide it from the people I love but if I tell them they will either brush it off like a phase or give me a loooooooooooooooooooooooong religious talk about how being homosexual is wrong. I don't want to hear the speech AGAIN. I am so scared of not being taken seriously. I'm more scared of that then being rejected by my parents! I just want everyone to accept me for me. I came out to my closest friend recently and she got... weird-ed out and asked me VERY stereotypical questions. And for days she treated me different. She seems to be warming up to me again but now I'm so scared to tell anyone else in our little group of friends but I HATE HIDING PART OF ME. It really sucks...
    So, any advice for my current situation (sorry it is so long, I really needed to vent)
    ~Maddix:help:

2. lexi

lexi Guest

I'd say don't make a big deal out of it. If you're dramatic about it nobody will take you seriously, they'll think you're doing it for attention. Just be casual- it's a big discovery, but it's only a tiny part of your personality, you're still the same person. Also, try not to cry. If you do it's okay, but don't do it on purpose- you won't seem sure of yourself. For now I'd say to answer honestly if someone asks, but don't go announcing it o everyone and their dog. And just tell your friends- if they don't like it they're not real friends.

Sorry this sounded harsh, I didn't wan it that way. It's just the best way to deal with it in my opinion. Good luck with everything, keep us updated! (*hug*)

3. JayGatsby

No offense intended, but at 13 it really COULD be a "phase", not saying it IS but that it COULD be and while some people seem to know for sure at a very young age like that, I know I couldn't have. At that age you still have a lot of maturing and growing to do so I wouldn't even worry about coming out so soon unless there's somebody in particular you want to be in a relationship with, or some other pressing reason.