1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as bisexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm mostly in the closet right now. I'm in the closet because most people I've come out to didn't believe me. I also feel like my sexual orientation is usually not relevant. At first I came out as a lesbian and people just laughed. My mom pointed out what boys they thought I liked. Those were boys I was trying to like back when I was trying trying to be straight. After that I just told people I was bisexual instead. One problem with this is that some people seem to pressure me to like boys more than they did before. This drives me crazy because I'm not even sure if I really like boys. Right now I don't want to date a guy. I want to date a girl, but I'm in the closet and none of the girls that I like, like me back. Most people that like me are annoying straight guys and the occasional butch lesbian. I don't really feel like dating a butch lesbian because I feel like it would make my relationship more obvious. I also don't want to deal with people who think I should date a guy instead. I also just like more androgynous or feminine girls anyways. I kind of don't want to come out until I'm in a relationship, but I'm not sure I'll find a relationship when I'm mostly closeted. I'm not even sure if I should come out as bisexual or a lesbian. I'm not a huge fan of the word lesbian for some reason.

2. bagginses

bagginses Guest

I had the same problem with my sister. I told her I was gay but she just said that I wasn't gay until I've dated a boy (ehich I haven't found anyone I like yet).
    so she ignored the fact that I was gay.

My current quest is to tell my two best friend and get a boyfriend so I can make my claim more believable.

maybe you and I can go on that same quest ^_^

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out right after I broke up with a boyfriend. The people I came out to said I wasn't gay because I had a boyfriend. I only liked him as a friend and I hated kissing him.

4. bagginses

bagginses Guest

Just say "he turned me lesbian", and when they get used to the facts then you can tell them that you knew you were a lesbian your whole life, you just needed them to believe you.

Or you can go with my plan, get a girlfriend and come out with her.

I did hear this really good plan on one of these forums-- tell your best friends to make a rumor that your a lesbian. then when people ask you if you are you simply reply "yes"

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

its hard to tell the truth when the truth isn't wanted :frowning2:

5. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know how to get a girlfriend. :frowning2:

6. wrhla

wrhla Guest

God, I love the rumor idea bagginess. Seriously. I would have denied when I was young, but if I were out to myself I would have welcomed just being able to say yes. I have had dreams of being outed in some public space and feeling bliss.

Sorry I mis-spelled you monicker, bagginses

#6 wrhla, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  7. bagginses

bagginses Guest

:lol: I know, the rumor one was the best one I found on these forums.
    its too bad I'm not in high school to do it anymore. Now I have to do it the hard way out, by telling all my family members and friends personally.

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2013 at 01:14 PM ----------

Uhmm, you can always find someone online to be your fake/real girlfriend and allow them to send you text messages. that will show that you have proof.

the truth is hard to deny when it is smacked in your face.

I like this way specifically because it answers most questions being thrown from whom you are telling this to.
    when I told my sis I got a lot of awkward questions that I didn't want to answer like "so you like dicks?" or "do you think (so-and-so) is hot?"