1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Un-coming out...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Accidie, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Accidie

Firstly hey, I'm Accidie :smilewave

So, earlier this year I came out as gay to pretty much everyone I know- including at school. It went well and I've been lucky enough to have a girlfriend and have had no backlash from anyone. The only issue now is that I'm starting to wonder whether I made a mistake in coming out because I think I'd quite like to try dating guys too. It's annoying because I took a long time before settling on my 'gay' label, but now I'm worried that I'm missing out or ignoring guys. What if by saying I was gay, I subconsciously stopped myself looking at them? I also have the issue that I don't know if I actually want a long term relationship with a guy, so really I'm just completely confused again... Has anyone else ever questioned their sexuality the opposite way round? I thought I was done with this... anyway.

Since coming out, I've changed quite a lot and my views are different. I now think that I'd rather just roll with it and be 'queer' or nothing at all- but I don't know where to go from here. Everyone I know sees me as the lesbian so it's unlikely that I can change that now- hence, no guy would date me. I sort of wish I'd never come out :/ Any ideas on how I can let people know without making a scene, or should I just not bother? (I really don't like drawing attention to myself/my sexuality) :bang:

2. bagginses

bagginses Guest

^_^ well, that's quiet the situation you got yourself into (in Gandalf's voice)

all you really need to do is tell the ones who really matters to you, just tell them you were being curious (its a human trait) and you found that you don't mind dating either gender.

people who matter to you are the ones that count

3. Accidie

Yeah, I guess that's all I can do really... Still annoying none the less ^.^ Thanks

4. bagginses

bagginses Guest

No problem:icon_wink
    By the way, I like your out status LOL

5. Tropical Turtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Think you're doing the right thing in just going with it. My situation's different in that anyone I've mentioned being attracted to women to already knows I've been out with guys. Weirdly though they all just seem to assume that I'll only be interested in women now and seemed shocked when I mentioned a good looking guy the other day.

If you feel comfortable to open up to these people then just be as honest as you can. Say how you felt and how you feel now. Although it might take a while for them to realise that you might be with a man I'm sure they'll understand.