1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really? This again?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedLight, Apr 25, 2013.

1. RedLight

:help: And so my mother continues to be in denial about my sexuality. I don't like to label myself but if that's what it takes I don't mind saying I'm a Lesbian (although I really hate that word). Today she said "You're not a Lesbian, I don't believe you." How do I get her to take me seriously? :bang:

2. Hefiel

Don't force it on her. Just like you needed time to accept you were interested in woman, your mother also needs time to come to terms with it as well. She's still in the stage of denial.

For now, just keep on with your life.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long has she been in denial? If it's 6 months or less... that's understandable. If it's more than that... it may take you being in a healthy relationship for her to really "get it." It's harder for some people than for others but I'm sure she'll eventually come around :slight_smile:

4. Musician

Hey RedLight,

I'm in a similar position with my girlfriend. She tells me I'm bi, I tell her I'm gay. Funny though, she left and I start fantasizing about girls again like I was when I was straight. But when she's here I'm gay as a rainbow. I'm a weird dude, I guess, haha.