1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on an exchange student

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by metoo, Apr 27, 2013.

1. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, so I have a really big crush on this exchange student who is only going to be here for a few more monthes. I can tell that she doesn't like me as more than a friend, but I don't even know if she wants to hang out as just friends. We've gotten together once, and I had a great time. But whenever I call her, she is undecisive, and really hard to get through to. I see her everyday, in one of my classes, and small talk with her, but it seems that she has other friends, that I am not friends with. That class is my favorite class because I get to see her, and we sit right next to each other.

I really want to get to know her better, and tell that I'm gay even if I don't tell her that I like her. But I don't even know if she wants to hang out with me.

Should I cultivate this relationship, or give up, because she is going to be leaving soon?

P.S. I don't have any friends, and she is the only person I have gotten together with in at least six monthes, and the only person I have gotten together with alone in over a year. I'm a 9th grader.

2. Gen

Gen

Oh, first, I'm sorry you dont have any friends at the moment. Friendships are always random your freshman year away, so I wouldnt worry too much about it. I had many friends my freshman year of highschool, and lost nearly every one by the next.(Not tragically, most simply moved away and lost connection.) I definitely gained much more stable friendships in sophmore year.

Honestly, I would just give up on this girl if she isnt showing much interest in you. A true friend will enjoy and desire your presences as much as you for theirs. Not to mention, even if things begin to take off, it will probably just make things worse when she leaves.

Think about it this way. Would you long for her friendship so much if you didnt have feelings for her? Probably not. Which means that when you approach this friendship with feelings, you will always have those feelings, and you will always be left wanting more. You're only in the ninth grade. I'm sure you are a very lovable individual. You will have plenty of time and capability to have great relationships, and even friendships, in the future. (*hug*)

3. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This really helps me feel better. Thank you. It is already going to be really hard when she goes away.