1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think she really believes me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by piratealisonnn, Apr 27, 2013.

1. piratealisonnn

Sooo my mom said she was totally cool with me being gay. But the other day she was questioning it. I admitted to her that I find guys attractive but don't want to be with a guy nor am i physically/sexually attracted to guys. Since then she's hinted that she thinks that me being gay is a phase and keeps bringing up guys. I try to tell her that I am currently dating a girl who I like very much but she doesn't really get it.

I guess I just feel as if she's never gonna come around to it :\ I understand it takes a while but she's stubborn and doesn't usually change her mind when she thinks something.

2. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmmmm form what I can tell she's denying it and trying to force you say what she wants to hear.however I say based on the information you gave. Also her stubbornness can get irritating. Just remember that your mother has to process everything you said to her I may take time for her. Also don't forget my quote down there

My best hopes
    -Dex

3. CthulhuFhtagn

Half an hour out from the middle of nowhere.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My mother is also less than convinced of my sexual orientation. She's of the mind that I'm too young to know what I like yet, and that's rather annoying :\ So I hear you. I guess I'd ask yourself if it's really all that important whether your mom totally gets it. I know it's really annoying, especially since your mom keeps bringing up guys, but in the end it doesn't really matter how she feels about it. It matters that YOU know what's up and that YOU are comfortable with it.

Take care :slight_smile: like you said, it takes time for people to change their mindset. Give your mom some time and I'm sure she'll come around.

(*hug*)