1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freedom to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by estrella, Apr 27, 2013.

1. estrella

There's this guy and I'm trying to scope out the acquaintance I have made with him. If he ends up liking me as a friend, coming out won't be so hard; but he if ever liked me as more than a friend, I will get a bit scared for telling him about my sexuality. There is a woman I know, too, but I'm also afraid to tell her I'm gay.

I'm not saying I'm going to go out and just randomly say it--but if the topic ever arises, I really just want to be more open about it rather than just letting it hide. My family knows, some friends, but the people I mingle with off the computer don't.

The problems are that:
    • I told a guy once that I was a lesbian, and he ended up "using" me, so I'mma little cautious
    • the lady is Christian (I believe Baptist), wish probably won't go down too well

I'm kind of the one to not care about potential clients and future co-workers and employers to know, as I don't plan on turning their acquaintance into a friendship. Plus, I'd only feel better about being true to myself. But that fear of being judged and hurt again keep crawling back.

Has anyone experience something like that and how did you deal with it?