1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told another friend. Others have suspected. Got asked if I was gay at a party!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sully, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Sully

Okay so firstly, I came out to a friend the other day, she wasn't particularly surprised and told me that a few of her friends that I've met had asked her whether or not I was gay. So apparently people can pick it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Damn, I always though I was really good at being straight :/

On top of that, I was at a party the other night, chatting away to a girl that was pretty drunk and there was a few others around. She said to me:

Her: "I think you're sexy, but I think you're gay, are you gay?"
    Me: "No."

WTF! I had seriously given absolutely no fucking indication that I might have been gay! And it was really awkward because there was a couple of people that I'm sort of friends with that she said it in front of. Plain and simply. WTF.

2. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Aaah i think that was a good opportunity to come out.I mean they already know it,and if you said,you wouldnt have to pretend and try the ''straight'' character anymore,which i personally hate.I remember the first time i got to my new school,we were playing truth or dare and someone asked me ''Do you dare to tell everyone youre gay?''I was freaking out..

3. Sully

Hmmm, I don't think a party would be the best place to say it :/ There was only 2 people there that know. My best friend isn't one of those 2 people so I wouldn't want him to find out that way. If I had have said yes, it would've gone around the party faster than I could imagine. I'm not quite up for that yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Lewis

I'm getting that a lot lately too...I always thought I was good actor. Obvious not...

5. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At a party a while ago one of family friends daughter asked me if I like men I froze for like a second and went "eerrr yer ish" just because it took me by such a surpise and I wasn't out to anyone yet and I thought id hidden it well too

6. GayLibertarian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When a rumor spread around my school (K-12 less than 300 students) that someone was gay, I heard that only two people pointed their fingers at me, but then others around them shot that idea down. Good to know that the acting classes paid off! XD