1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told another friend. Others have suspected. Got asked if I was gay at a party!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sully, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Sully

Okay so firstly, I came out to a friend the other day, she wasn't particularly surprised and told me that a few of her friends that I've met had asked her whether or not I was gay. So apparently people can pick it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Damn, I always though I was really good at being straight :/

On top of that, I was at a party the other night, chatting away to a girl that was pretty drunk and there was a few others around. She said to me:

Her: (Drunkenly slurring) "I think you're sexy, but I think you're gay, are you gay?"
    Me: "No."

WTF! I had seriously given absolutely no fucking indication that I might have been gay! And it was really awkward because there was a couple of people that I'm sort of friends with that she said it in front of. Plain and simply. WTF.

2. GayforGuys

Well, it seems people do suspect you're gay, going by what you've said. So, it doesn't seem like coming out to those people would have a negative impact - only positive.
    I actually had a similar situation happen to me, I was at a party and some people asked if I was gay, jokingly, me being me I freaked out and later used that as a stimulant to come out to my friends.

Using what at first seemed like a bad/awkward situation to come out, therefor turning it into a positive thing in the long run.

Maybe you could do a similar thing? I mean, like I said it seems people are questioning whether you are, so using that as a reason to to come out them makes sense.
    With that being said, only do it if you're completely comfortable with it, and comfortable with people knowing, of course!

#2 GayforGuys, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  3. Tokgay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I just had the same situation yesterday! I'm only out to one close gay friend, and nobody else knows. Yesterday I was at a (female) friend's birthday party, and she started to ask me about why I've never done something with this girl who likes me. I said I'm not really interested in girls, and she asked "and guys then?" I responded with, I'm not interested in anybody. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Later when we left, I texted her that the answer to her second question was actually yes, and she said she suspected it might be true. It feels like such a relief to have told someone else!
    So see if you might want to use it as an opening. If a friend asks you whether you are gay, they must be ok with it, or they wouldn't ask. :wink:

4. Lamonia

Lamonia Guest

Girls are pretty observant, and they I guess deal with the sexuality of guys a lot, so I think its easier for them to pick up on wither a guy is gay or not.

A lot of girls will say things like when a guy is way nice and considerate to you, then its too good to be true (meaning he is gay).

They also like to turn out right about figuring out things about people, or what they are hiding so, that's probably why she did that. Not very nice of her imo, but it happens.

5. Hexagon

Maybe she felt you weren't responding to her body like a heterosexual guy would.

6. Sully

Sorry I don't know why this double posted.

I just hate knowing that people have thought it, I just have no idea what kind of signals I give off to be thought of as gay! Now I'm really going to watch how I act :/

7. Lamonia

Lamonia Guest

See that's another thing I felt I wanted to ask you about, because I know how we gay guys hate it when people can tell that we are gay by just looking at us, and I always wonder why do we hate it and try so hard to change what it is that makes it easy to tell.

You know, I'm gay only in bed kinda thing.

I personally think *if* self acceptance is the route to being happy, you should try to say, well it only figures why they can tell, cause I am actually gay, and instead of making it their ammo, just burn them by how self accepting you are. Kind of like how comedians roast how fat/race/whatever they are first, to prevent a heckler from ruining their show.

Although some people try to say, you become gay when people actually pin you down as one. (Mostly religious people).

8. Sully

I hate self deprecating comedy. It's tragic and shows a lack of wit and substance in the material :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think I really hate it because I played it straight for so long only to find out that apparently I really wasn't that good at it! What a waste of time!