1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help :S

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lexcat, Apr 28, 2013.

1. lexcat

lexcat Guest

So... I have this group of really close friends on the internet that I met on tumblr. (Two of the people in that group are the only ones I've come out to besides another friend of mine.)

I came out to one of those friends only last night. She was okay with it, but then we were discussing about how her cousins (who are also some of my close friends in that group) are pretty religious and will probably not be okay with it.

That scares me because they're really good friends of mine, we are all really close to each other and I don't want something like my sexuality to tear us all apart. I love them and I don't want them to hate me because of this... why they probably won't hate me for it but they may not want to talk to me anymore or idk.. It's hard to say..

Sometimes, I wish people like that could just for a moment be in my shoes and see how it feels. My young adolescent life was filled with fear because that's when I realized that homosexuality was "wrong" and I had these homosexual feelings that I wished and wished and prayed would go away but they didn't. So then I spent my older adolescent life hating God and Christianity because of it. I don't anymore though.

I'm rambling a little bit but the point of the matter is, I know what I feel and what I think... They don't. I hope they understand, you can't judge people without actually experiencing what they experience.

Idk. What are your guys' thoughts? :confused:

2. Dia

Dia

Well, if they are really your friends they' ll eventually accept you. That was what helped me come out to my friends anyways. It might take time, but if they consider you as their friend they won't stop talking to you or something. Instead they will do their best to understand the situation and support you! But even if they don't, well...then you shouldn't bother.Cause they weren't really your friends in the first place..

I know it's pretty hard to do it, but when you do you will feel so much better!
    Hope I helped!

Lots of hugs and kisses,
    xoxo